Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
droidforums-tech-gift-guide.jpg

Christmas is one week away and you haven’t finished your shopping yet?! What are you going to do?! First off, calm down and breath. With Amazon Prime and last-minute gift guides, there’s no reason to panic. The hardest part of last minute shopping is deciding what to get for those people in your life that deserve to receive gifts. :p

We've put together a short list of tech gifts your loved ones are sure to like and appreciate.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

galaxytab4.jpg

Designed with the whole family in mind, the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 offers endless entertainment options. The new Multi User Mode, brilliant display and lightweight design make this tablet easy to use and difficult to put down.

Buy it here - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7-Inch White - $139.99

2. Google Nexus 9

nexus9-.jpg

Nexus 9 is the new tablet from Google. Powered by Android™5.0 Lollipop, Nexus 9 is for work and play, with its just-right 8.9-inch screen and front-facing stereo speakers.

Buy it here - Google Nexus 9 Tablet 16GB White - $349.99

3. Roku 3500R Streaming Stick (HDMI)

rokustick.jpg

The Roku 3500R Streaming Stick (HDMI Version) is a convenient little stick that streams loads of entertainment to your TV. Choose from over 1,800 channels and over 200,000 movies and TV shows with more added all the time. Control it with the included remote or from your mobile device. Even cast Netflix, YouTube and personal media from your smartphone or tablet to your TV.

Buy it here - Roku 3500R Streaming Stick (HDMI) - $39.97

4. Samsung Gear Live Smartwatch

samsung-gearlive.jpg

The stylish Samsung Gear Live takes your wearable experience to the next level by combining Google’s Android Wear platform with Samsung mobile innovation. Gear Live is compatible with any smartphone with Android 4.3, Jelly Bean or higher, so your app notifications and personal information come with you, like flight status and messages. And when you say “OK Google,” you can ask a question about anything, from turn-by-turn navigation steps to team stats-even find out your heart rate.

Buy it here - Samsung Gear Live Smartwatch - $199.99

5. Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-Inch, 2GB)

acerc720-chromebook.jpg

Acer C720-2848 Chromebook comes with these high level specs: Intel Celeron Processor 2995U, Google Chrome Operating System, 11.6" HD Widescreen CineCrystal LED-backlit Display, Intel HD Graphics with 128MB of dedicated system memory, 2048MB DDR3L SDRAM Memory, 16GB SSD Drive, Secure Digital (SD) Card, 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0, Built-In HD Webcam, 1 - USB 3.0 Port, 1 - USB 2.0 Port, 1 - HDMI Port, 3-Cell Li-Polymer Battery (3950 mAh), Up to 8.5-hours Battery Life, 2.76 lbs.

Buy it here - Acer C720 Chromebook (11.6-Inch, 2GB)- $199.99

Last edited:
OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
6. ASUS 802.11ac Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router (RT-AC66R)

asus-RT-AC66R.jpg

The ASUS RT-AC66R is a 5th gen dual-band Wi-Fi router, and the launch platform for the new ASUS AiCloud service. Its speed reaches 1.75Gbps, currently the fastest available, utilizing the Broadcom 802.11ac Wi-Fi controller and working in 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

Buy it here - Asus RT-AC66R Dual-Band Wireless-AC1750 Gigabit Router - $119.99

7. Logitech Wireless Headset H800 for PC, Tablets and Smartphones

logitech-h800.jpg

Logitech Wireless Headset H800. Connect to your PC, tablet and smartphone; enjoy rich digital stereo; and listen and chat longer with a six-hour rechargeable battery - with no wires to tie you down. Some functions of the headset may not be supported depending on the tablet, smartphone and/or application.

Buy it here - Logitech H800 $54.99

8. RAVPower 3rd Gen Deluxe 15000mAh External Battery Portable Dual USB Charger

ravpower.jpg

iSmart Charging Port: Compatibility maximized.
Not all charging ports are created equal. Standard ports only communicate effectively with particular devices, like Apple OR Android, often limiting their recharge rate. But with iSmart technology, each port intelligently identifies your device to speak its unique charging language. So plug in any brand or model and enjoy compatibility that doesn't limit your charging speed

Buy it here - RAVPower 15000mAh External Battery Portable Dual USB Charger - $38.99

9. DKnight Magicbox Ultra-Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker

dknight-magicbox.jpg

• Supports Wireless Music Streaming via New Bluetooth v3.0 Technology.
  • Two highly powerful 40mml total 6W acoustic drivers and ultra-small size produce a wide audio spectrum
  • Built-in Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery for up to 10 hours of playtime. Built-in microphone for hands-free speaker phone calling Easy to pair - No code/pin needed
  • Easily to carry with, only 8.3 ounces.Plays all Audio devices through 3.5mm Aux in Jack.

Buy it here - DKnight Magicbox Ultra-Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker - $31.99

10. Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player

google-chromecast.jpg

Chromecast is the easy way to enjoy online video and anything from the web on your TV. Plug it into any HDTV and control it with your existing smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Send your favorites from HBO GO, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Watch ESPN, Crunchyroll, MLS, Crackle, Rdio, MLB.TV, Google Play Movies & TV, Google Play Music, and Chrome to your TV with the press of a button.

Buy it here - Google Chromecast - $29.99

Last edited:
OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Well, there you have it folks! Buy any of these items and receive them before Christmas with Amazon Prime!

Got any last-minute tech gift suggestions? Share it with us by replying to this thread! Thanks!

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a last minute shopper so this will help me out big time - thank you!

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Nice list! I think I'd like the Samsung watch for my Note 3 and the Chromecast although I havent really done any comparison with similar products yet like the Roku above or the Amazon Firestick. And my wife says I'm so hard to buy for! She just needs to see lists like this!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Nice list! I think I'd like the Samsung watch for my Note 3 and the Chromecast although I havent really done any comparison with similar products yet like the Roku above or the Amazon Firestick. And my wife says I'm so hard to buy for! She just needs to see lists like this!

We've had the Chromecast since it came out. We got our Firestick a couple of weeks ago. And I would recommend the Firestick over the Chromecast.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Really enjoying my Fire stick too. Here's a comparison chart for anyone still on the fence about which media stick to buy.
xvn2NBG.jpg

The Fire Stick trumps Chromecast & Roku in the memory & storage dept, but you really can't go wrong with any of them. Plus they are inexpensive enough to make great stocking stuffers.

S5 tap'n

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
We've had the Chromecast since it came out. We got our Firestick a couple of weeks ago. And I would recommend the Firestick over the Chromecast.
What are the major differences? Is it just different streaming services?