Droid Forums Icon on Homescreen issue

welsalex

Reaction score
Dont know if this has been mentioned but the icon on the home screen for droid forums disappears every time I reboot the phone. By disappears I mean that the icon image is gone but the button with the words droid forum still exists. Basically the image is not there for the icons. A simple deleting of the shortcut on the home screen and re adding the short cut to the application fixes it but only until the next reboot.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
Go to manage applications and move it from the SD card to the phone

Thanks. Still learning all the details of stuff like this. Any ez way to list out what is installed where?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Thanks. Still learning all the details of stuff like this. Any ez way to list out what is installed where?
Like SpeedingWheels said, hit the menu key on your phone, tap "manage apps" then hit the "media area" tab at the top of the screen. This will show you all of the apps that are available to be installed in the media area (what we're used to hearing as the "move to SD" area).

The Bionic has a known issue right now, where apps installed in this "media area" are not stable, so you DO NOT WANT any apps to install in the media area. Any apps that have a check mark on this screen need to be moved back to the phone's internal app storage area. (There is 4GB of internal memory in the Bionic that is reserved EXCLUSIVELY for apps, so don't worry about running out of space for your apps - for now) Tap on any apps that are checked and then tap "move to phone". Problem solved, for now. (update fix supposedly coming in Nov.)

Also, be aware that some developers have created their apps to automatically "install to SD card". This will cause them to install to the Bionic's media area automatically. Get in the habit of doing the "menu >manage apps > media area" check after you install a new app - just to make sure it hasn't auto-installed there. I believe that's exactly what is happening with the Droid Forums app.

Last edited:
OP
welsalex

welsalex

Reaction score
Like SpeedingWheels said, hit the menu key on your phone, tap "manage apps" then hit the "media area" tab at the top of the screen. This will show you all of the apps that are available to be installed in the media area (what we're used to hearing as the "move to SD" area).

The Bionic has a known issue right now, where apps installed in this "media area" are not stable, so you DO NOT WANT any apps to install in the media area. Any apps that have a check mark on this screen need to be moved back to the phone's internal app storage area. (There is 4GB of internal memory in the Bionic that is reserved EXCLUSIVELY for apps, so don't worry about running out of space for your apps - for now) Tap on any apps that are checked and then tap "move to phone". Problem solved, for now. (update fix supposedly coming in Nov.)

Also, be aware that some developers have created their apps to automatically "install to SD card". This will cause them to install to the Bionic's media area automatically. Get in the habit of doing the "menu >manage apps > media area" check after you install a new app - just to make sure it hasn't auto-installed there. I believe that's exactly what is happening with the Droid Forums app.

Thanks bros. Good eye good eye. Go Rangers tonight!