Droid Forums App - Petition

samiusmc

Reaction score
i think someone needs to make a droidforums.net app to keep up to date with these forums! it'd be so much easier...

whose with me?

Why don't you just subscribe to this site's RSS feed? That way, you would get all new posts sent to an RSS reader on your Droid such as NewsRob and you could easily view them.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This looks awesome, buuut... would it cost anything for the admins to set up and run?

Cost is not an issUe here....:icon_ devil:. I also would like an app for DF but the owners have said they don't believe it to be necessary :mad:. I will pass this up the food chain and see where it goes though

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok before I didn't really think we needed one since the mobile site is "usable". but the more and more I try to view the forums on my droid the more I see how "bare" the mobile version is which compels me to use the real version instead. Unfortunately the real web version doesn't really function too well with browsers as editing is a PIA, quoting and other stuff I try to do gets really cumbersome.

So I'm for an app, or at least make some improvements with the mobile version.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok before I didn't really think we needed one since the mobile site is "usable". but the more and more I try to view the forums on my droid the more I see how "bare" the mobile version is which compels me to use the real version instead. Unfortunately the real web version doesn't really function too well with browsers as editing is a PIA, quoting and other stuff I try to do gets really cumbersome.

So I'm for an app, or at least make some improvements with the mobile version.
Pretty much my feelings as well. I use the full site on my Droid 99% of the time.

R1Lover

Reaction score
it takes 5 minutes to setup on vb and there is no cost on the forum side at all.

Schmidtrock

Reaction score
Yes, I have tapatalk installed on my vbull forum and the setup was painless and quick. Upload directory structure via ftp then a simple code copy/paste into the template.

R1Lover

Reaction score
Tapatalk looks and sounds amazing. So we just need to get the forum admin here to activate the service or is it already active for these forums? I would definitely pick up this app!

Yes, I have tapatalk installed on my vbull forum and the setup was painless and quick. Upload directory structure via ftp then a simple code copy/paste into the template.

actually you don't even edit any templates anymore.... if you have that template edited with their code you can and should remove it. It's not needed and will delay your forum from loading, you can host the file locally now if you choose to have the notification pop up for droid users visiting your site.

Schmidtrock

Reaction score
Tapatalk looks and sounds amazing. So we just need to get the forum admin here to activate the service or is it already active for these forums? I would definitely pick up this app!

actually you don't even edit any templates anymore.... if you have that template edited with their code you can and should remove it. It's not needed and will delay your forum from loading, you can host the file locally now if you choose to have the notification pop up for droid users visiting your site.

Thanks, wasn't aware of that.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
As much as I would like to be able to use Tapatalk I just can't see myself justifying paying for the full version. Droidforums is the only forum I go to and as much as I :heart: it, I have a hard time justifying the $2.99 for it. But I do agree that it's a great option for those that already use it!

So I'm hoping that there is an alternative version that doesn't use Tapatalk, I'd gladly donate for it too lol. This way money is going back to Droidforums directly!

johnlgalt

Reaction score
Rejuvenating this thread if only to add my name to the petition. I have already purchased Tapatalk b/c of it's abilities to easily navigate other forums I visit, and since I am here some now too it would be nice to have it added to the list of forums.

I saw the other Tapatalk suggestion forum, with replies as recently as yesterday, but it has been closed as the admins here have decided to not support Tapatalk for a few reasons listed in that thread. See http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...y-moderators-i-have-thought-4.html#post345957 and the following posts.

Still, though, I'd love to see them change their minds b/c I tend to stay away from mobile versions of sites b/c they are more often than not lacking in functionality that the full versions have.

Last edited:

pyro6128

Reaction score
How would I know if I forum I use works with taptalk?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd LOVE DF to be Tapatalk enabled

How would I know if I forum I use works with taptalk?
download tapatalk free or beta and search for the forums you use I know at least one of my other forums is Tapatalk enabled and when visiting via the browser it has a pop up telling me it is, and a link that I click brings me to the tapatalk in the market

here click this link from your DROID DezertRangers.com - Powered by vBulletin

-=Jason=-

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok guys ok...........listen let's get this one out. We have heard the members here, and read the threds. After careful consideration Taptalk is going to be supported by DF. This isn't going to happen today though. I have recived an email from the owners of the site. They are going to set it up. I hope this helps everyone out. I will make a formal announcement once i'm told we are live

Miami

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok guys ok...........listen let's get this one out. We have heard the members here, and read the threds. After careful consideration Taptalk is going to be supported by DF. This isn't going to happen today though. I have recived an email from the owners of the site. They are going to set it up. I hope this helps everyone out. I will make a formal announcement once i'm told we are live

Miami

That should put a smile on a few members faces. Thanks Miami.:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana: