Droid "forgets" Vibrate settings

limeyx

Reaction score
I have Morotola Droid on Verizon (FW 2.0.1)
Droid tells me there are no updates when I try to update.

I set vibrate to on (Settings | Sound and display)
- Silent mode is checked
- Phone Vibrate is checked.

All is well for a while (sometimes days)
Then all of a sudden i hear "Droid" whenever an email (and I think a txt) is received.
I go into the settings and these are "forgotten" and silent mode is unchecked.

Does anyone else see this ?

Nick

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you sure that you haven't accidentally hit the volume keys on the side? That'll turn your ringers back on. Also, some apps might have control over the ringer volume as well...Haven't noticed it personally...I don't use vibrate often, as I like to hear my phone.

If I'm somewhere that it's not acceptable (movies, or while my phone's in the breakroom at work), I simply put the phone on silent using the slider on the unlock screen.

OP
L

limeyx

Reaction score
Are you sure that you haven't accidentally hit the volume keys on the side? That'll turn your ringers back on. Also, some apps might have control over the ringer volume as well...Haven't noticed it personally...I don't use vibrate often, as I like to hear my phone.

If I'm somewhere that it's not acceptable (movies, or while my phone's in the breakroom at work), I simply put the phone on silent using the slider on the unlock screen.

Um, indeed you are correct. That seems a little ... odd. I dont think any other phone I have owned would change out of silent mode just because I had done that, but maybe I am wrong.

I am 99% in vibrate mode as I share an office yet still need to know when stuff is coming in.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Correct about hitting the volume buttons changing the ringer volume/toggling vibrate/silent? That's a pretty standard feature. I've had cell phones for about 9 years or so, and most of them (the ones with volume buttons) worked that way.

In any case, if that's what the problem was, I'm glad that we got it figured out!