droid for a palm pre plus

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i agree if you want a phone its cool. You do not have to justify to the forum why you want to switch. People on forums like this get ansy when some one post a thread stating "I prefer phone x over the droid." Some people posting threads like that are looking to start a flame war. Not to say that was the intent, I think you may have been asking what people felt about the palm pre.
Personally I will aviod buying another palm after having the treo, but I know people who switch from hero to palm and were satified with the switch.
Like andy said, some people just want simplicity and look for a phone to do different things. The guy that switched from hero to pre just wanted a keyboard and like the fact that you can text with one hand. Some people do not use the phone primarily for internet app widgets their biggest priority is a phone that is comfortable and is easy for texting...internet, apps, and other features rarely get used so it does not matter how well it performs.
In a nutshell get what you want for you.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read that the build quality of the Pre is so bad that if you overuse it the face falls off and you see it's really a Treo

miltk

Reaction score
why 'r people getting upset about someone posting he wants a pre.

i luv my droid but quite frankly, i only got it for one reason....internet mobility. i don't multitask, i don't need all the redundant apps. just phone, email, surf(on a friggin amazing screen),,,,'ass all.

now the pre,,,i like that too. was going to get the wife a droid, but she wouldn't have the need for it. she does all her internet at home. the droid would be too much, considering it's girth and all. but that pre is a cute friggin phone!,it's clever, and it fits in her hand beautifully. who cares if the palm is dying! it works, don't it?

palm's got 1% market share, wimo will be dead in a year....worry about the iphone/symbian.