Droid Font size

bander143

Reaction score
Just joined this community. On my droid, can anyone tell me why the font size adjustment for text and email is not fixed? Does anyone know when it will be? I am ready to return it for a BB for only that reason!

OP
B

bander143

Reaction score
font size email and text

Does anyone know WHY the font size cannot be adjusted for email and text on the Droid? Curious why Google and Motorola would let this go so long. Any idea when it will be fixed and any hacks that can help now? Thanks

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Does anyone know WHY the font size cannot be adjusted for email and text on the Droid? Curious why Google and Motorola would let this go so long. Any idea when it will be fixed and any hacks that can help now? Thanks

I'm not having an issue with font size, but I know that ChompSMS [texting app] allows you to change font size. As well, you can setup your own color scheme, so that might help you see text a little better? Not sure if Handcent does these things, but it probably does.

Not sure at all on e-mail...I suppose the easiest workaround without hacking/downloading anything would just be to access your e-mail using the browser, but maybe someone else has a better idea on that one.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No problem. And, to answer why it's not configurable by stock, general consensus is that android is just a base. Gives you simple access to things, then you download apps to customize your experience from there.

Best of luck! Feel free to return with any questions. If I can't help, someone likely can!

OP
B

bander143

Reaction score
Johnny thanks

Both Chompsms and using the browser worked. Thanks for taking the time. I still wish they would tweak it. Again many thanks!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No thanks necessary! I've found plenty of good info on this forum, so I do my best to give back.

Glad those solutions worked for you!