droid fm frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nblufire12

Reaction score
Hey all,

Is there a way for me to use a frequency generator app so i can interfere with a radio station for example 95. 5?

Thanks

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score
I don't think so... There are some phones that can broadcast music to a frequency... like 95.5

How is that illegal?

I'm only asking if its possible to use that frequency generator to match the same frequency as a radio station, and interfere with it.

malsbury

Reaction score
I don't think so... There are some phones that can broadcast music to a frequency... like 95.5

How is that illegal?

I'm only asking if its possible to use that frequency generator to match the same frequency as a radio station, and interfere with it.

The intent to interfere with the FM station is exactly what makes it illegal. You might want to read up on FCC Part 15 to get the details. Here is a source to get you started: Title 47 CFR Part 15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TwoBuells

Reaction score
Some Satellite Radios come with a built in FM transmitter so you can tune it to your cars radio. I have a whole house CCrane FM transmitter in my home. It’s input is a 3.5mm stereo plug. I have it plugged into one of my Satellite radios and then I can here Satellite Radio on the boombox in the garage, undercounter radio in kitchen, radio in the bathroom, stereo in the bedroom. Is it illegal? No. If I had the transmitter tuned to the local FM station and my neighbors complained then that would be illegal. Then again the power output is so low most local FM stations would overpower it. For most of those FM transmitters to work you have to use a freq that is not in use locally.
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/fm-transmitters/fm-transmitter.aspx

liam.

Reaction score
you can buy a little mini transmitter from best buy or radio shack for your iPod that runs off the 3.5mm jack and would work with your droid.

OP
N

Nblufire12

Reaction score

How is that illegal?

The intent to interfere with the FM station is exactly what makes it illegal. You might want to read up on FCC Part 15 to get the details. Here is a source to get you started: Title 47 CFR Part 15 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dude that's semantics... overtaking a radio station with an FM transmitter for Music is interfering technically...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

How is that illegal?

dude that's semantics... overtaking a radio station with an FM transmitter for Music is interfering technically...
Intentional interfering is illegal. I am also FCC licensed.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.