1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droid extended battery slim

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Jam2it30@gmail.com, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Jam2it30@gmail.com

Jam2it30@gmail.com New Member

2. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

Half year warranty? Yikes...
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Do let us know....
  4. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

A half year warranty on a batt that fries your driod wont be worth .01
  5. Yodes

Yodes New Member

I'll wait till Seidio releases theres. A known company that you can actually trust.
  6. solorca

solorca New Member

Hahah, I would hardly call Seidio a company you can trust. They intentionally mislead their customers in regards to the extended battery by not mentioning anything about false battery level readings on the Droid.

I trust this random company selling a product on ebay about as much as I trust Seidio.
  7. Yodes

Yodes New Member

I've never had any issues with the number of seidio extended batteries that I've used. But if you'd rather trust that phony-direct-off-a-stolen-truck looking product be my guest.
  8. JhankG

JhankG New Member

It is a known problem with the Droid and Seidio batteries.
  9. splatmatic

splatmatic New Member

Can't wait any longer for seidio.. Ill go ahead and bite the bullet. and I have money to burn if my destroy my droid. Searching on the net some batteries worked, some don't... hell its 9 bucks..
  10. windstrings

windstrings New Member

Its a known issue with the Droid firmware and extended batteries.
    A fresh reboot turns up a much higher reading than shown with a normal drain... repeated reboots will not refresh the same way until you've put it back on charge for a while.

A little app called battery left seems to help as it watches time used against mv readings to make a guestimation of accurate time till dead reading.

I"m hoping the 2.1 firmware will have this issue corrected. Seem Moto could have little motivation to correct until they sell extended batteries themselves.

Here is a pretty extensive thread on the matter.
  11. JhankG

JhankG New Member

Not just extended batteries. I have the Seidio replacement battery for the Droid (which is the same size as the OEM battery) and it won't read accurately either.
  12. takeshi

takeshi New Member

How exactly are they intentionally misleading anyone?

The description of the extended battery from their site:

I've never had issues in years of dealing with Seidio, contrary to your assertion.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  13. solorca

solorca New Member

Because they claim that you get improved and long lasting battery life, when in fact, over the course of one day you have to reboot the phone 5-6 times to get that longer battery life (because the Droid cannot read the extended battery properly). Seidio has confirmed that they were well aware of this limitation during their initial testing for the product, but they chose to not include it anywhere in their product description or anywhere else that I can find, for that matter.

It's one thing to put a blanket statement out about individual results varying, it's another to intentionally leave out something that the average user would consider very important information in regards to a product they are purchasing.

It's a poor business practice and I have completely lost all respect for the company based on it.

Go ahead and buy the battery if you like, but be prepared to have to perform a half-dozen reboots every day just to get the true life of the battery.
  14. windstrings

windstrings New Member

Oh really, this is the first I've heard of this, nor do I understand it since a battery is just a battery without intelligence.

But nevertheless Seidio should chime in an address this issue one way or another.

Has anyone called and talked to them?
  15. busab

busab New Member

I bought a 1600 mAh extended slim battery from some unknown company in China for 7 bucks to the door and quite frankly it was the best battery I had ever owned. It going strong when I sold my blackberry tour a few weeks ago.
  16. windstrings

windstrings New Member

Has this been your experience?
    Have you tried to use the phone without a reboot and have it die and then reboot and find energy from no where to run the phone?

I want to clear something up.

No one qualifies to make judgments about the battery based on browsing and or hearsay without actual experience of their own.

Lets not let fear and anger go rampant without knowledge.

This has not been my experience... yes if you want fresh readings on the battery meter, you can reboot, but it has no factor whatsoever as to whether the battery will last longer or whether the droid will allow it to run without turning off.

The phone simply gets to 5% and then continues to run for hours.... "5 hours or so of heavy use and even longer for normal use"

When you consider it does take longer to reach that 5% than with the stock battery plus the added time you will get after it reaches 5% means the battery still provides the needed juice to keep the phone up and running strong.

I can go from full charge to dead "without reboots" and get 31 to 36 hours of use as per my experimentation all week long. And when it finally dies.. it will not boot back up at all until charged... "its dead".

In an attempt to vent anger against those that mislead others, lets not commit the same crime ourselves "and mislead others".
  17. solorca

solorca New Member

Yes, these are my experiences. This is not hearsay or a response based on browsing the forum. I own the battery and I am an extremely dissatisfied customer.

Sure, I can let the phone sit at 5%, without ever knowing how much power I truly have on my phone, while looking at an annoying flashing orange light for 3/4 of the day (if someone knows of a way to turn this off, please let me know. I can't find anything)...but to me, that's ridiculous when I just want to use my phone for a longer period of time.

In my usage of the battery, it will also drop me to 5% extremely quickly. In most cases in half the time that it takes me to reach that same point with my standard battery. If it was taking much longer to reach the 5% level than with my stock battery, I would be perfectly fine with the Seidio replacement, even with the issues mentioned in here...because it that case, it would at least actually give me usable "juice". In the Seidio advertising section of this forum, I posted some daily info between the two batteries from my personal usage.

I've never suggested that the battery life isn't good. What I have suggested is that if you want accurate readings or a true understanding of whether you have any battery life on the Seidio replacement, you better be prepared to reboot the phone numerous times during the day.

In my experience the Seidio battery is useless, and I think the company intentionally left information out of their advertising for the product.
  18. windstrings

windstrings New Member

You could have gotten a dud.

Keep in mind when you charge it, it will show "charged" when it reaches upper 3900mv .. but its not really charged till it reaches 4200mv and stays there a while.

I'm getting way longer time than my stock and I only charge it while I sleep and I can skip two days if I"m trying to test it as I will go 35 hours or so.

One thing for sure, if you put your stock battery back and and confirm you are getting more runtime to 5% than with your Seidio, I would say you got a bad battery.

Yes, it is annoying to have the blinking light.. I asked the DEV of "battery left" and he said he could change color but would have to investigate over-riding it.

I believe if your phone is rooted you can kill the light.. but thats still silly as you need it for normal notifications and as long as its blinking, its hard to tell the difference between a new notification and the low battery warning.

One way to look at it is that you will never see the blinking light under normal use "at least I won't" and if I do something unusual and actually need the extended capacity then I'll have to deal with the light.

I would venture to say if you put it on the charger every night you will never see the blinking light... if it drops that fast, I would send it back for a trade in.

I am curious about this claim that its issues with Seidio batteries that cause the problem. As I stated, If so, I don't understand how that could be.

Seidio claims 87% more capacity and thats about exactly what I'm getting.
  19. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

Its 8 bucks. Too bad its about 3 days after I just bought 2 more batteries and a travel charger. Sigh. Oh well, that was only 18 bucks. No biggie.

-Wil
  20. moosc

moosc New Member

I've had it happen a few times on my stock droid battery. Matter of fact I was sitting 30% battery just pulled my battery and its at 50%. But I'm not worried or crying I carry a spare.
Search tags for this page
droid a855 battery extender

droid a855 extended battery slim

motorola bp6x extended battery

motorola droid bionic slim extended battery