Droid Exchange?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by st3V3, Oct 10, 2010.

1. st3V3

st3V3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been having trouble with my droid now for awhile. I took it to verizon 2 days ago and they told me it was the ani-virus protection that was causing my problems. It certainly made the phone a tad faster but several other problems still exsisted. 4/5 times that I would open my keyboard the screen would freeze. At least 4x a day my phone would randomly restart. I was sending texts to the wrong people. Every application would take forever to load and operate.

Now don't get me wrong, I have Task Killer on it and have it set to shut down unused apps every half an hour. I went through and cleared out all of my unused applications, I cleared pictures and videos and songs, I restarted it myself everyday....Nothing fixed the problem. Today they agreed to send me a new one under manufacturer warranty. Now since this is a replacement not an upgrade I will be receiving a Motorola Droid again. But I must say I am really liking the Motorola Droid 2. I found my Droid to be slow on many occasions and sometimes not up to my needs. I text around 2000-3000 txts a month, constantly surfing the web and running games and other apps all day (not at the same time, that would obviously be processor overload).

So is there anyway to get myself a Droid 2? Maybe a trade with someone or idk..

#1 st3V3, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    A good start would be getting rid of the task killer...Not needed and most likely the cause of your problems.

3. st3V3

st3V3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Haha wait a min...what?! lol I have been told by EVERYONE that it is like the first application you should download. It makes sense too, the less you have running the faster the phone would be. I am not saying you are wrong obviously, haha. I am just very surprised by this news.

4. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Well, Black is right...conventional wisdom be damned...Task Killers are not needed. Feel free to click the links and get a better understanding of how Android Processes work and why you dont need to "kill" them...

FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android

Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Don't be so surprised. You were probably told this by a Verizon employee initially. They are told to tell everyone that they need it. Some install it without asking permission thinking they are doing the customer a favor. They aren't.

6. Genetic Droid

Genetic Droid Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I uninstalled the ATK about 2 weeks ago. My droid runs better and a tad faster. Glitch free!

7. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not everyone here. And it doesn't make sense if you understand how Android works.

8. st3V3

st3V3 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yeah I went through a few links and watched several videos and now fully understand how Android works. I uninstalled ATK yesterday and wow....its faster!!!! :icon_eek: dancedroid

Onward to my OP, is there any way to exchange my phone to get the Droid 2? I mean, it still feels like it might be sluggish as compared to the Droid 2, so idk.