Droid Eris vs LG Ally?

battlemac

Reaction score
So, I currently have a Droid Eris that is slowly acting up and I am thinking about calling it in to vzw to get it replaced. I have read that since the Eris is discontinued that they are offering the LG Ally to users as a replacement phone. Unless someone can point me to another Android phone as a replacement(that also isn't the Devour).

What I want to know is how does the audio/sound quality on these two devices compare? How about the screen? Will I really miss anything from my Eris if I go with the Ally? I do like SenseUI, but I think I could do without it as there are many other nice home screen replacements and rooting could easily give me that interface back if I wanted it. Then again the Ally suppose to have a better cpu, but is it noticeable in day to day usage? What about when browsing the web? Thank you.

denakisland

Reaction score
Pacific NW. Not so North and not so West.
I have the Eris and my husband upgraded to an Ally from a Storm (smart move.) The Ally is a strong phone. I love my Eris and have recently rooted it and will be exploring ROMs. But the Ally out of the box is a decent phone and seems sturdy (important to my husband's work.) It seems pretty comparable to me and I personally tested every android phone from Verizon I could get my hands on to pick out a good phone for him. He didn't want the Eris because he wanted a physical keyboard. HTH

Bxrider117

Reaction score
MY wife had the Eris and upgraded to the Incredible. If you can not upgrade to a higher end Android device and your only choice is the Ally, I would go with it. I have no experience with the Ally, but I do know that it will receive the upgrade to Android 2.2 soon. That in itself is enough to make me trade the Eris for the Ally.

7 VII 7

Reaction score
My wife just got the LG Ally, she really likes it for txting. It is a good phone, make sure the battery cell standby is not an issue and you will like it. Not the most powerful Android phone but it does its job.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the Ally's keyboard. From a spec standpoint I agree with the above post "why go from one low end phone to another?"

If u want something with decent specs and a slideout keyboard, Droid 1 or 2. Droid 2 would have more over the Droid 1 spec wise. Dont want a slide out keyboard, get an Inc or X. The X could be too big for most ppl so the Inc would be a good option.

If they are offering the Ally as a replacement, take it if u cant get another phone.