1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Eris rom reviews

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by RootedEris, Jun 16, 2010.

1. RootedEris

RootedEris New Member

erislightning- disliked not overclocked enough

tainted vanilla-favorite one so far been using it for a while

erislightningbolt 2.5 any one know how this is thinking about flashing it ?
  2. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

When did Eris get rooted? Can you point me in the right direction? My wife wants me to root her's...she's got 2.1 on there.
  3. RootedEris

RootedEris New Member

4. jrozga

jrozga New Member

I like,
    Evil Eris 3.0 with the overclocked widget
    pure eris 2.0 would be way sweet if it could reboot

I dant have the link to the post, but someone on DF has a nice list of updated Roms with links for the Eris.

Sent from my PC with my keyboard:icon_ banana:
  5. RootedEris

RootedEris New Member

tryed zen exp too was pissed because it wouldnt let me change the wallpaper unless i pushed new themes with adb and that wasnt working out,

other then that zenExp Rev 7 would be my favorite its blue themed blue battery blue notification icons its pretty sweet but like i said had trouble with wallpaper and overclocking

i need feed back from someone with lightning bolt 2.5 is it fast? how does it look?
  6. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

7. RootedEris

RootedEris New Member

nah dude you can root from 2.1 thats what i did ....sorry that vid prolly had the leaked 2.1 root thingy, .....hmmm im lookin for you, cant seem to remember what image i used....i actually might have used a 1.5-2.1 but it says that its not supposed to work idk man if i find it ill post it here

on the other hand i hear about froyo all the time What is It? rumor has it i can get 2.2 on my eris through froyo ......would love if yya iformed me a little
  8. riadav

riadav New Member

You can root with 2.1 if your hboot is <1.49 I believe...there's another thread that gives the details.
  9. RootedEris

RootedEris New Member

alright i got somethin for ya ( i did it with tainted vanilla cause alot of sense stuff is already gone so all i had to do was flash to zips and my phone was tons faster)

go android forums and look up how to replace sens with jit its sick my phone is pushin 5.3 MFlops and ran a 305 on the quadrant benchmark

i can notice a little difference in speed (not alot) but it boots super fast, and runs mutiple apps smoother .....look into it its sweet

OC'd at 768
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  10. mentaloaf

mentaloaf New Member

When I first got my moto droid my wife already had the eris. I had no idea they were so different. Froyo is the Android 2.2 update that hasn't been released to the public yet. I know that rooted moto droids like mine have access to leaked versions and the dev genius' like pete have already made some awesome custom roms from it like the bugless beast froyo rom (0.2.1) I have on my phone....I haven't the slightest idea if anyone has done this for you eris guys yet but Im sure if you do some digging around you 'll find it

btw, I'm overclocked to 1.2 ghz and got a 1650 quadrant this evening
  11. RootedEris

RootedEris New Member

what are some features of 2.2 ?

lucky the moto is so much faster then the eris i can only overclock mine to like 768 and thats with it tricked out
  12. RootedEris

RootedEris New Member

Eris needs froyo SOON checked out the alpha version but its way too unstable with bugs and stuff ......someone needs to get a froyo rom functioning for the er-ass
  13. oldsjunkie

oldsjunkie New Member

I think the Froyo ROM for Eris is getting close. Can't wait to try it out! And RootedEris, ErisLightningBolt is on V2.7 now. I've been running it for about a week. It is pretty snappy. I average about 4.5 MFLOPS on Linpack clocked at 710. It's based on a Cyanogen ROM and has a lot of nice features. I would recommend flashing it. Conap, the Dev at XDA that assembled it has done a real nice job with it!
  14. titansfan10

titansfan10 New Member

So if I have a stock 2.1 one that came that way from factory. Can someone tell me how to root it and overclock please?
  15. oldsjunkie

oldsjunkie New Member

Just google "droid eris root".then After you get root, pick a rom that has oc.there are a lot to choose from.
  16. eriscrazy

eriscrazy New Member

im actually useing eris lightning bolt 2.7 and it is sick. it gets rid of all the HTC sence crap and runs just stock android themes. it is fairly fast OC to 787. also it says it is jit compatable but its not i got multiple force closes after i enabled jit. so stay away from that. i had jit enabled on the tainted vanilla rom but i relaly dont need it here cause im still pushing 4.0 MFLOPS easy. But overall it is really stable. you should check it out rootederis!
Search tags for this page

droid eris roms list

evil eris 4.0 rom