DROID Eris Receiving Update July 16th

xliderider

Reaction score
I was able to apply the OTA update and use the easy root process to get it rooted and overclocked. I currently have the bootloader replaced with the unlocked engineering bootloader. However, I somehow lost root and recovery in that process. Working on getting root and recovery back so I can restore my nandroid backup.

The Eris was on the 2.1 v3 leaked rom.

Aries

Reaction score
Yeah! Much more responsive.
It used to lag, when you unlocked and would freeze up every so often. I'll put it to the test today and see if it freezes up. Last night before the update I got one of those silent missed calls.. pissed me off. Phone never made a noise, just a pop up saying I missed a call. Hopefully this update fixes that issue. So far so good!

Last edited:

Grettski

Reaction score
Just got my update this morning. Seems much snappier. Normally by now I would be down to 90 to 95% on battery but today its still at 99. Not sure if thats just luck or part of the update. I'll see how its goes today and let you all know.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far so good. Does seem more responsive now. And my hotmail seems to be arriving quicker to my phone as well.

I'll have to see how the next couple of days go.

DroidTard

Reaction score
I don't understand... Is this 2.2 or an update of 2.1?

I go to accounts & sync, and my phone says I'm up-to-date. The build number is 2.36 on the Verizon software update page, and that's what my phone has. I never installed anything after getting an email about it on the 16th... I was waiting to see what happened here, after my last experience. Any summary explanation of what's going on with this?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

I go to accounts & sync, and my phone says I'm up-to-date. The build number is 2.36 on the Verizon software update page, and that's what my phone has. I never installed anything after getting an email about it on the 16th... I was waiting to see what happened here, after my last experience. Any summary explanation of what's going on with this?

No it is a maintenance release. It is doubtful that the Eris will ever seen an official 2.2 release.

DroidTard

Reaction score

No it is a maintenance release. It is doubtful that the Eris will ever seen an official 2.2 release.

Well that said... I'm running 2.36 already, and it still isn't "all that". The only thing that fixed me a couple months ago was a factory reset, and it worked great for a while... Now it's back to behaving badly and running like a bassett hound.