DROID Eris Receiving Update July 16th

beckeann

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Do any of the Eris' have 2.1? My son just got one and I could've swore I saw where it did but it sure doesn't. LOL thanks. ..

ndeans

Reaction score
so... will the update fix the problems I've been having since upgrading from 1.5 to 2.0... such as Bluetooth not working anymore?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Eris-update2-600x448.jpg

3rd bullet down in Improvments.

jhart15063

Reaction score
the eris has 2.1... its different/watered down from the moto droid 2.1 but its still 2.1

ndeans

Reaction score
the eris has 2.1... its different/watered down from the moto droid 2.1 but its still 2.1

My bad... 2.1... I'll take the watered down version if that's what Eris has... My wife tried to get me to buy the Motorola but I didn't like it. The Eris feels more solid and is far more stylish and as far as the screen goes, I'll take quality over quantity. Other than that I haven't found THAT much difference between my Eris and my brother's Moto. Everything his phone does, mine does too. Except for the bluetooth issue which is more an irritation for me than a critical issue.

Actually, I'm altogether more impressed with the HTC line than I am with the Motorola line, although I'll always have fond memories of my Motorola Razor.

Last edited:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

My bad... 2.1... I'll take the watered down version if that's what Eris has... My wife tried to get me to buy the Motorola but I didn't like it. The Eris feels more solid and is far more stylish and as far as the screen goes, I'll take quality over quantity. Other than that I haven't found THAT much difference between my Eris and my brother's Moto. Everything his phone does, mine does too. Except for the bluetooth issue which is more an irritation for me than a critical issue.

Actually, I'm altogether more impressed with the HTC line than I am with the Motorola line, although I'll always have fond memories of my Motorola Razor.

My guess is that the update will also fix the issue with your blue tooth. I could be wrong but it seems like it would be related.

jhart15063

Reaction score
yeah i like HTC phones too, i wish my eris was faster sometimes and had livewallpapers like the moto droid..(and was on the list for 2.2) :icon_ goofy:... but if i were to get a new phone id go HTC(*cough* incredible *cough*) all the way lol

VannMann

Reaction score
My niece and nephew's phone are buggy as crap.The screen takes on a mind of it own and the weather widget rarely works.The OS runs slow and force closes almost everything after there last update. They have been asking me to do to there phone what I have done to mine, but I keep telling them that I can't. They will be glad to see an update as long as it fixes there issues.