Droid Eris Randomly Restarting/Rebooting

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Eris' started by rcn5008, Dec 30, 2009.

1. rcn5008

rcn5008 New Member

Hi guys,

I just got my Droid Eris on December 26th. Overall, I've been pleased with the device but lately (as in the past 2 days), I have been getting a lot of random restarts of the device. They are not from doing any particular activity (like starting a particular application) or anything. I will just be browsing contacts or a webpage and the phone's screen will go to the HTC logo and reset. This is obviously a very large annoyance and I tried pulling the battery which unfortunately did not help. I'm to the point now where the phone resets at least 6-8 times a day.

Lastly, I also tried uninstalling my applications which didn't help either.

Should I be trying to get a new phone from verizon or do you guys believe this is a software issue? Also, what happens if I bring my Eris to Verizon and I can't get them to exchange it because it won't freeze at that particular time?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan
  2. sgm-co

sgm-co New Member

I'd get a new phone!
  3. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Well-Known Member

I've had mine since the 24th with no issues. I'd buck for a replacement. HTC can take yours, refurbish it and sell it as refurbed.
  4. Dallasguy7

Dallasguy7 New Member

Yeah, quickly go replace the phone!
  5. Bobby J

Bobby J New Member

Me too

That happened to me a couple of weeks back. I just brought it to the tech department at the Verizon store, and asked them if they heard of that. They had a new phone in my hands before I could say boo.
  6. rcn5008

rcn5008 New Member

Wow guys thanks for the quick replies! I can tell I'm going to like this forum already.

I will try to get a replacement either today or tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.
  7. rcn5008

rcn5008 New Member

I took my Eris back to Verizon yesterday and without any hesitation they gave me a new phone. I have had this one for a little over 24 hours and I haven't had any resets or reboots with mostly the same applications installed. Hopefully this stability continues and if it does, I will be thouroughly pleased with this phone.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys, I look forward to being a bigger part of these forums in the future.
Search tags for this page
droid eris condemned reboots
htc droid eris keeps rebooting
htc droid eris keeps restarting

htc eris keeps rebooting

my htc droid eris keeps restarting
verizon htc eris keeps rebooting
verizon htc eris keeps restarting