Droid Eris Not Connecting To Internet

mvthom

Reaction score
I just got a droid eris replacement in the mail because my first one broke. I've had my second one for about a day and the internet won't work. I have the standard weather app and the last time it was updated was last night, it won't connect to face book, i don't get notifications when my email comes. I usually only use the mobile network, not the wifi and in my settings the mobile network is on. I tried turning the mobile network off and then on, tried turning the phone off and on and still no luck,

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you activate it correctly? Try *228 option 1 and see if that helps. If not, you might need to go to your local store tomorrow and have them try to help you.

eric.warman

Reaction score
Solution to Eris Network problem

Eris has problems with automatic programming at *228. Manually programing can fix the network problem. Verizon figured out that a Factory reset causes Eris problems and only manual programming fixes the network connection.
The network requires login, so when the setting for that is messed up then the network won't connect.
One setting that needs fixed needs
[email protected]
Manually inputted using ##778 function
Sorry I dont remember the specifcs, but with a little research you can figure out the rest!

eric.warman

Reaction score
##778 Look for
M.IP Default Profile
NAI

That's the main cause of network connection problems.