droid eris has no service because I'm a boob

jaredvizball

Reaction score
I rooted my eris and downloaded a market fix application. It resulted in my phone no longer being able detect its own location/data/phone. The data connect wont even allow me to tweak mobile network or wifi settings under settings/wireless&network.

I have powered off, removed the battery, and even wiped the phone to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas, my stupidity is making me sick to my stomach.

They have made the process of rooting so easy...ugh ..I was so naive.

The application I ran was: Droid Eris Market Fix App - One Click Fix v1.4
Which I found here: Droid Eris Market Fix App - One Click Fix v1.4 - xda-developers
Looking back, I don't know if I ran backup prior to installing it.

Prior to this, I rooted the phone using the following apk:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8699733/erisone010.apk
Which was so easy I feel guilty.
Is my phone manifesting my guilt?

I hope these details are precise enough, but when it comes to boobs, I'm like dolly parton's areola .

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're a boob? Crap, you're going to get a lot of feeling, er, feel up requests from this horde ... :icon_evil:

You're not a boob.

What market fix application did you download? How? It's in the details, details .... Take everyone thru what you did, exactly what you did.

How you rooted, what you ran, etc.

OP
J

jaredvizball

Reaction score
Which I found here: Droid Eris Market Fix App - One Click Fix v1.4 - xda-developers

I hope these details are precise enough, but when it comes to boobs, I'm like dolly parton's areola .

thanks for the humor, I feel a little better

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know you did a NANDROID back-up before flashing right? Just restore! dancedroid

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

thanks for the humor, I feel a little better

Just saw you didn't do a back-up. Reflash with the ROM again.

OP
J

jaredvizball

Reaction score
I didnt.

I had used an application called my backup assuming it was the same thing.
Then, when I tried to open the silly backup application, it informed me that I have no data there.. So I guess I should probably kill myself now

OP
J

jaredvizball

Reaction score
Maybe I am misunderstanding you because "refresh the ROM" should be straightforward. I had erased the application that had allowed me to install the new ROM after rooting the phone per request of its creator.. The install was a one click scenario, I never involved a pc in the process. Should I see if I I can involve a PC and add the previous ROM or something different? After trying to figure out what was wrong I had restored the phone to factory settings, is there something there that I should try and reflash? I am sorry I am so ignorant. It is really amazing that anyone would use there time in this kind of support capacity, I'm blown away. thank you

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am misunderstanding you because "refresh the ROM" should be straightforward. I had erased the application that had allowed me to install the new ROM after rooting the phone per request of its creator.. The install was a one click scenario, I never involved a pc in the process. Should I see if I I can involve a PC and add the previous ROM or something different? After trying to figure out what was wrong I had restored the phone to factory settings, is there something there that I should try and reflash? I am sorry I am so ignorant. It is really amazing that anyone would use there time in this kind of support capacity, I'm blown away. thank you

Universal Eris Root for Dummies! - Android Forums

Try that. There should be a way to boot into recovery mode, usually holding the down volume when hitting the power button.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, try mounting your sdcard to a pc (you can use the phone or you can try putting it into a memory card reader) in order to copy the PlainJaneT2 Rom or any other rom you want to flash.

OP
J

jaredvizball

Reaction score
so, the whole issue was the fact that I had no ROM installed after I rooted. Thank you for all your help guys.