Droid Eris and Droid Incredible

RyanPm40

Reaction score
What the heck is the difference? I just used my friend's Eris the other day and it seems pretty much the same but for 80 dollars instead of 200. I feel ripped off. Sure, mine has more gHz and a bigger camera... but are those the only differences?

JCo352

Reaction score
Bigger screen, bigger processor, lastest Android software, better camera, and I'm sure more things than what I listed.

R24D24

Reaction score
Well, when dealing with technology you are always paying for specs/upgrades. Without even doing a comparison in the two I can say that if you are asking that question, you shouldn't be wasting the money on high end smart phones. When I look at phones I usually look at speed, screen (clarity/responsiveness), UI, OS, ease of use, etc. If there is a big enough gap between my current phone to the "new kid on the block" to justify it, I buy the new one.

My girlfriend often asks me why I got my Inc, and there is no difference between it and my moto droid, or iPhone, I just laugh because to her, there is no difference. Much as I can't see the difference in many of her shoes lol. I can say for sure though, that if you can't tell the difference between the Inc and eris, you won't have to upgrade your Inc for quite a while, as nothing will come out that you will see a huge difference in as far as the droid phones.

Berzerker

Reaction score
The difference is you got a bigger, faster, phone. All PCs run Windows, yet why do others cost more? They're better/faster.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The difference is you got a bigger, faster, phone. All PCs run Windows, yet why do others cost more? They're better/faster.

That's debatable....
:icon_ banana:

OP
RyanPm40

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Except the Eris is really fast...
I can see why the Inc is better than the Droid. The screen's responsiveness is HORRIBLE and laggy. But I was impressed with how smooth the eris was and didn't notice a difference in speed at all. I don't run a million apps at once so that's not much of an issue XP

ChansteR

Reaction score
Except the Eris is really fast...
I can see why the Inc is better than the Droid. The screen's responsiveness is HORRIBLE and laggy. But I was impressed with how smooth the eris was and didn't notice a difference in speed at all. I don't run a million apps at once so that's not much of an issue XP

Then you haven't used the Eris enough then.

I was on my friend's Eris and I can see the difference in speed right away.

Not only that, you are going from trackball to trackpad, smaller screen to bigger screen, lower resolution to high resolution, slower phone to faster phone, less ram to more ram, an okay camera to a better camera, less memory to more memory and it goes on....

It is like, what is the difference between an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 3GS, one is faster.

Last edited:

kmo

Reaction score

That's debatable....
:icon_ banana:
Maybe on a personal level but looking at the specs of both phones not sure where the debate is. Yea I know some will argue bigger, faster etc. isn't neccasarily better, that's where it gets personal.

Mikegreco16

Reaction score
Its clear from reading this the the OP didn't need a Inc. nor does the OP know why he bought an Inc...so I agree for him it was a waste of $80 bucks.

I can give a man with no teeth a toothbrush but whats the point...

BzB

Reaction score
here is a comparison between the eris and the incredible from the htc site. Compare

the is a pretty clear difference between the two phones if you actually use them.

and the droid, when stock, may not be as smooth as the eris when scrolling but it's a better multi-tasker.

kmo

Reaction score
What the heck is the difference? I just used my friend's Eris the other day and it seems pretty much the same but for 80 dollars instead of 200. I feel ripped off. Sure, mine has more gHz and a bigger camera... but are those the only differences?
When did you buy the phone? if you're still in your 30 day return period then just go get the ERIS if you can't tell the difference and feel ripped off. Not sure how you can't see the difference but WTH you might as well be happy, right? :)

JCo352

Reaction score
Its clear from reading this the the OP didn't need a Inc. nor does the OP know why he bought an Inc...so I agree for him it was a waste of $80 bucks.

I can give a man with no teeth a toothbrush but whats the point...

To promote healthy gums?

li2327

Reaction score
I've had the Eris and now have the Droid. I would love to try the Incredible. To me it looks like the Incredible is a lot more crisper. I have no upgrades for 2 more years so I'm stuck with my Droid. If I can find an Incredible at a good price, I'm on it.