Droid Envy Stories

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
So ever since I have been modding my Droid, I have been showing a couple guys at work some of the goods coming from doing so. Now one of them is considering ditching his iPhone and the other has been trying to mod his. He was actually trying to make the home screen on his iPhone look like a Windows desktop, and was proud he was able to get a little bit of customization. LOL! I think someone is a little envious. Anyone have some quick stories of Droid Envy?

papy72

Reaction score
Hehe, here's one. Brought my droid to my son's baseball game. The ex-wife is there and see's me snapping pics of him at the plate. She asks me "is that a motorola droid?". I reply "sure is".

Then she gets that "I can't believe your phone is better than mine" look on her face as she goes back to texting on her blackberry pearl.

iMpathetic

Reaction score
pretty much every time I pull it out, people are jealous, especially at school.... everyone is starting to get Pixis here for some reason.

JFDroid

Reaction score
Not an envy story, but I actually got questioned last night in class by my professor about my phone.

We're allowed to have cell phones on in class and text, which is odd considering it's actually against school policy, but he allows it anyway. However, he doesn't want us playing games or web-browsing. He was walking around lecturing and I had my Droid's homescreen showing with the Nexus Live Wallpaper running, and the moment he noticed it he accused me of playing a game!

I asked him what kind of game he thinks I would be playing that involved not looking at nor touching my phone, and he thought about it and didn't say anything back and left me alone.

JFDroid

Reaction score
Hehe, here's one. Brought my droid to my son's baseball game. The ex-wife is there and see's me snapping pics of him at the plate. She asks me "is that a motorola droid?". I reply "sure is".

Then she gets that "I can't believe your phone is better than mine" look on her face as she goes back to texting on her blackberry pearl.

LOL. A Pearl? Honestly, that phone is junk. I like Blackberry devices, the Tour and Curve are both great as well as the Bold (especially the new Bold 9700), but the Pearl is so old, outdated, and crappy. She must not realize that about 90% of new smartphones outclass her Pearl :-/

iMpathetic

Reaction score
Haha, my mom has the Pearl and refuses to upgrade.... she runs a business with it as her primary phone and calls it her "little red friend". Trying to get her to upgrade to at least an Eris, but noooooo...

papy72

Reaction score
Well, her Pearl was still better than my old moto flip-phone that I was sporting until last month.