Droid email problem w/ Verizon,Comcast &Optonline?

druebling

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for a couple of weeks and seem to have an increasing problem with receiving emails on it. I am currently getting about 1 out of 30. I use Verizon as my provider. I brought my phone to the Verizonwireless store and the tech had the phone for close to 1hr. Checked the systems on the phone and all the settings, then phoned for additional help and finally came back to me and said the settings, the phone are fine. There is a problem with Droid and Verizon, Comcast and Optonline providers. They are working on it but he cant guarantee my phone will ever receive emails. He told me to choose a new phone... like the Palm that is hitting the store today. I really like this phone with the exception of this big problem and have searched the internet looking for validation of this bug he told me of but cant find any evidence of it. Help- before I give up this phone.:mad:

droid d'oh

Reaction score
I was also going to suggest gmail. My school's internet provider. Has the same problem and ultimately I ended up forwarding all of the schools mails through gmail and then using that as my active account. Hope this helps, it really made my email experienxe a lot easier.

Silver Member
Reaction score
since the device is google/gmail driven, it is ideal to use gmail as your primary email account (BB users had to deal with a similar situation). you can set your comcast account to automatically forward to gmail or you can have gmail check comcast for you.

see my sig for help on how to do this.

clearlysue

Reaction score
Gmail sync w/Droid

I got my Droid about a week ago, and I DO use gmail, but in the past day or so, I have stopped getting notification of new emails. Auto-sync is not working, although it looks like it's set up correctly. I have to hit the refresh button to sync. anyone know how to fix it?

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my Droid about a week ago, and I DO use gmail, but in the past day or so, I have stopped getting notification of new emails. Auto-sync is not working, although it looks like it's set up correctly. I have to hit the refresh button to sync. anyone know how to fix it?
are you using the power control widgit? the sync can be turned on and off from there. make sure that your sync is on.

also, from the accounts list in gmail (menu - accounts) you can go menu - settings to make sure auto-sync is enabled.

tomlist704

Reaction score
I had the same issue and then I installed the free email app K-9 mail, I do not have anymore issues and it is allot better app and you should use it anyway.

brucin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
I have gmail check my optonline account and have no issues.