Droid Email Issue

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by Lloyd7592, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Lloyd7592

Lloyd7592 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The company I work for has a handfull of users who have Droid 2 phones. I got an email from a user today (1/13/2011) saying that their phone has stopped automatically receiving emails, and the phone occasionally freezes. This user has had their phone for ~1 month. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've read that removing/re-adding the email account can solve the issue for a short period of time. I've also read that forwarding the email to a gmail account could solve the issue, but as this is a business email, that's not an option. Also, when giving suggestions, keep in mind that I don't have the phone in my possession, so it will be a little harder to test methods as well as take longer. Thank you in advance.

2. MICHAEL C

MICHAEL C Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The phone is more likely that not a LEMON, I am presently at war with Verizon over my Droid X , two out of two phones are junk, if it is not email failure it is call or receive call failure. I don't intend to lose the war with Verizon over a full refund and a different phone that works.

3. Lloyd7592

Lloyd7592 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That seems to be the case. I just found out the user has already removed/readded his email account, performed a hard reset via "Privacy Settings", and so on. I told him to go into the Verizon store nearest him and have one of their techs look at it.

4. Lloyd7592

Lloyd7592 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am getting the phone replaced for the user. After going into a store, a tech told the user that the phone was running significantly hotter than it should, and that it was defective.

5. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Just be aware that email is an issue. (2.21)
    Whether I use K9 or the embedded client, there can be stretches where nothing works and then all of a sudden a ton of email shows up.

6. rrokit

rrokit New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been receiving, in reverse chronological order, every E-mail originally sent to me since last November, on more than one account. They just keep coming in batches of 25 when I refresh. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I called VZ and they supposedly did a reset but it hasn't fixed the problem.

7. MICHAEL C

MICHAEL C Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid X= JUNK This phone needed 3 to 6 more months in Motorola's R & D dept.

Search tags for this page

how to set up ttu email on android

motorola photon email issues

tthsc email on android

ttuhsc email android

ttuhsc email on android