Droid Email Going to Junk Folder

CarolD

Reaction score
I just got my new Droid about a week ago.. and I am loving it!! :icon_ banana:.

I am using the phone for my business. I set up my business email and my gmail on the phone.

When I'm out on the road, I want to be able to send emails to clients from my business email. However, I'm noticing that my emails are going to people's junk folders.

Without having to actually tell everyone, please add me to your "approved email list".. Is there a way to prevent this from happening.

I am connecting through a POP server. The Outgoing Port is set at 465.. Security is on and "require sign-in" is checked. The incoming port is set at 110 with security type set at "none"..

Is there something that I need to do in order for the emails that I am sending out to "not" going to the "junk" folder.

Any suggestions/comments would help..

Thanks! :)

CarolD

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Carol,

Is this happening with all of your clients, regardless of the email client (i.e. Outlook, Thunderbird, etc) or is it happening only with specific clients?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does it matter if you're replying or composing a new email? Are you sure that email is being sent via the business email address?

OP
C

CarolD

Reaction score
Its happening regardless if I'm relpying or starting a new email.. I've talked to several clients and they said that it was in their junk folder. Any ideas?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is a longshot but does the title of your email include anything that might be interpreted as denoting a "junk" email? I've had emails go to junk when they included an exclamation point in the title, for example. And in some cases I simply can't account for what Outlook believes is "junk." One of my colleagues, for example, has a number of her emails end up in my junk folder on Outlook and I can't explain why.

OP
C

CarolD

Reaction score
Was having issues posting.. I just tried sending a couple emails to myself and it all went to junk..