Droid during the night

droid user ri

Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to turn off all notification noises during the night but keep the phone on for emergency calls. This there an app for this or an easy way to turn the notifications (e-mail etc) off?

justreboot

Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to turn off all notification noises during the night but keep the phone on for emergency calls. This there an app for this or an easy way to turn the notifications (e-mail etc) off?

try the power widget / it's free and you can toggle to silent mode...
great for church meetings etc...

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Search for an app on the market called Bedside. I've not tried it but it looks like it does what you want.

motobrent

Reaction score
Advanced volume mode scheduler on Market place remember seeing it but I don't use it.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Or try Timeriffic. It's a free app that will allow you to adjust notification volume/vibrate, ringer volume/vibrate, brightness, wi-fi, bluetooth, and airplane mode on/off based on time.

Set a profile to turn notifications volume to 0% and vibrate off so that emails and such will not wake you up but the ringer can still be at full volume. Set another one for whatever your wake up time is to turn notification volume back up to whatever level you prefer.

I've been using it for a while now and it's a "set it and forget it" type thing. I have profiles for work hours, evening hours, sleeping, weekend and for church.

It works so well I almost forget that when I go to a movie or such I need to manually change things :)

joshuaclee

Reaction score
Audio Manager on the market allows you to control the "notifications" volume - email, text - separately from the call volume. Just turn the notifications down to zero when you want to sleep. Also, there is an app called Timerriffic, I think, that allows you to set profiles based on the time of day. Both are free.

radshooter

Reaction score
I go into settings and set the notification ringtone to silent. I don't think this affects the call ringer at all. In the morning I go back to settings and change it back to a sound.

CatsTide

Reaction score
bedside is the best app for this...definitely worth the couple of bucks

xliderider

Reaction score
I use Quick Profiles, it is a free app in the Marketplace. I have three profiles setup on my Droid (Normal, Quiet, and Night). In the Night profile, I have only the phone ringer active, all other notifications are off.

Quiet is just that, no ringers or notifications on.

dimaj

Reaction score
I use "setting profile" free version limits you to 1 profile (or something like that).
it basically switches your phones profile based on time of day, available wifi networks, gps location, calendar events.

Can't imagine having a phone without it!

dimaj

Tat2

Reaction score
I use Profile (niomjosh) found in marketplace.....works great and you can set up different profiles and use a widget.
I made a profile called SLEEP and just have the ringer volume on with vibrate and notifications volume off along with the vibrate off