Droid Drowned!

jakemerrell

Reaction score
Well this really sucks! I just put my Droid Incredible through the wash! Anyone have any suggestions? I have taken it apart and put the blow dryer to it but when I put it back together it was dead. This is quite frusterating being that I have only had this phone for 3 months. I guess I now have a reason to get the Droid X.

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
i know a solution that works for some people, put it in a bowl of rice and it usually sucks the moisture out. im not sure if itl help or not but i worked when i drowned my old ipod nano lol
but if it doesnt turn on still, it might be shorted out or something

andrew_ja

Reaction score
If the battery was not in the phone, you would have a slight possibility of it working. But that would require the phone to be COMPLETELY dry. As in waiting a minimum of a day to completely dry out before putting the battery back in it.

If it is not completely dry and you turn it on, the phone will short and be gone.

If the battery was in it, there is no chance. A current has already gone through the phone and shorted it.

ffej89

Reaction score
Funny you mention the rice. My step dad dropped his in the toilet and a friend of mine said rice. Even though i thought it was a joke i passed on the info and sure enough it worked. Go figure

brochaos

Reaction score
queue the dozens of people saying not to use rice...3...2...1...:)

dantheman

Reaction score
queue the dozens of people saying not to use rice...3...2...1...:)

I've heard of people using it. I haven't heard any negatives. I'd be interested to know what they are.

Oh, and I hope to never have the need to try it!

shadow man

Reaction score
that was a pretty interesting article. with that said, a bag of rice helped my dare last month...or so I believe.