Droid down... Droid or Incredible?

ShatteredDroid

Reaction score
So today I made the awesome move of dropping my phone in the parking lot, shattering the screen and destroying the LCD display (it's not just cracked, the screen does not turn on, well the backlight turns on, but the lc's don't activate).

No, I do not have insurance.

So do I drop the 550 on a new Droid, 280 (is what I've been told) on the Refurbished Droid, or do I wait 12 days and drop the money (I'm guessing 600 off contract) on the Incredible?

I'm leaning towards the Incredible.

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sry u put it in caps so i just had to click it lol :)

but in all honestly, id get the incredible if ur paying 350 for a refurbished droid

droidman101

Reaction score
So today I made the awesome move of dropping my phone in the parking lot, shattering the screen and destroying the LCD display (it's not just cracked, the screen does not turn on, well the backlight turns on, but the lc's don't activate).

So do I drop the 550 on a new Droid, 350? on the Refurbished Droid, or do I wait 12 days and drop the money (I'm guessing 600 off contract) on the Incredible?

Why the heck would you like the incredible better? Its on 2.1 also and will probably be sold out the first week anyways. Anyways, it might not even be rootable!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

So do I drop the 550 on a new Droid, 350? on the Refurbished Droid, or do I wait 12 days and drop the money (I'm guessing 600 off contract) on the Incredible?

Why the heck would you like the incredible better? Its on 2.1 also and will probably be sold out the first week anyways. Anyways, it might not even be rootable!

probably wont be for a while but android is open source so eventually it will come

virtualhuman

Reaction score
If I were in this position, I'd want to read a few reviews for the Incredible before making a decision. However, if the Incredible has the exact same screen as the Nexus One as is supposed to be the case (PenTile matrix, RGB pixels, lower resolution, yadda yadda...) it would be an easy decision to stay with the Droid.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
tough call... if you can, i would at least wait until the Incredible is released and there are reviews for it...

BSmith

Reaction score
Get your Droid fixed for $75 from either Motorola or one of their service centers.

J-Buck

Reaction score
Whatever u choose get insurance this time so u don't have to pay full retail anymore... Smart phones are an investment now days, and u don't wanna have an uninsured investment

OP
S

ShatteredDroid

Reaction score
Get your Droid fixed for $75 from either Motorola or one of their service centers.

Holy ****, I didn't know I could do that. When I talked to VZW they said my only option was to shell out the big bucks.

Just called Motorola, and sending my Droid in for a repair. Said I'd get it back within 5-7 business days of them getting it.

In fact, paying for insurance now seems stupid (unless your prone to losing things). If I can just ship it off to Motorola for $75... that's cheaper than insurance (with the monthly fee and deductible)