Droid dosn't like the cold?

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by DJ_Skrull, Dec 20, 2009.

1. daddyd302

daddyd302 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm I'm wondering if mine is from the cold or it's just screwy. It seems when I'm trying to dail in phone mode, the number 3and 6 sometimes won't operate. All the other numbers type when I type it. It takes a few seconds before I can type 3 and 6. The phone is usually in my coat's pocket. I make my calls in the car, not outside. This was with temps in the low 30's. Weird thing is, when the temps were in the low teens, the phone worked fine. I just find it odd the phone works at a lower temp but sometimes won't at 32F or above.

2. uptheforest

uptheforest Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just repsponded to this issue in another thread... this sucks man. while i understand it may happen to protect the phone, i work in a warehouse and it gets pretty cold. i use my phone for important features within my job. Ive never had this problem with any other phone that isnt touch screen.

pretty dissapointed.

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This whole thread coming up kind of cracks me up. I saw the same thing about the Blackberry Storm over in the Crackberry Forum. It didn't like the cold in the Winter, and it didn't like the heat and humidity in the Summer. What do you want to bet that someone will post a "Droid doesn't like the heat" thread later this year?

4. Big Cam

Big Cam Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That was a cool article. It recently was -30 where I am and I had my BB in my jeans pocket and I snowblowed for about an hour ans it was slow but everything still worked.

i think this is just a cell phone/cold issue, nothing wrong with the droid,.

5. ntrddragn

ntrddragn Member

Ratings:
    +7
    hmmm...i was in utah two weeks ago snowboarding. and it was snowing and my phone works fine. i was taking pictures and texting even though my fingers almost frozed off. LOL i believe the temp was around 20+-...i had it in my front pocket of my snowboarding jacket but i had another jacket under it. so the phone was no where near my body heat.

Attached Files:

6. twistedfate

twistedfate New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i had the same problems.this

this happened to me twice. i never knew why til i look up this forum. I leave my phone on the floor next to me in my room when i sleep. I sleep in the basement and the temp can get down to 15 degrees. From now on i will try leaving the phone on the bed to see if that will help.

7. Tekmazter

Tekmazter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I snowboarded for 3 hours last weekend and left the phone in my jacket while on the mountain. The temp at the base of the mountain was 17 degrees and at the summit a whopping 12. No issues. I periodically took it out to see if I missed any calls or texts after a run and never had an issue.

I have noticed however that if my fingers are ice cold, the screen thing just isn't happening.

Search tags for this page
android phone power off in cold
cold weather droid x2
do droids shut off when its cold
droid 4 cold weather shuts off
droid battery in cold

droid razor test in cold temps

frozen cold droid dna
motorola droid cell phone wont turn on in cold weather

why does a droid x glitch when its cold

will a droid x with working if it gets too cold