Droid doing stuff by itself....!

Supertom

Reaction score
I usually keep my droid in my pocket, always turn power (screen) off when I put it in there. It is always doing things on it's own... going into different apps, calling people, typing goofy messages. I'll find it this way when I pull it out of my pocket.... unless I hear it calling someone. What gives.?
I'm sure I'm not constantly hitting the power button.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
At this point the only logical explanation is that it is possessed. I would call a Priest or someone of the cloth to rid it of it's demons.

Sorry to be no help at all!

775bt

Reaction score
Unicorn Screen Saver?

Clearly a case of Android 5.0 at work. At least, unlike the iphone, you seem to be able to make calls with no problems, even when you don't want to.

Maybe you should stop putting it in your pocket and see if you have the same problem when not sheathed in glorious denim?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
There have been reports of this happening when the Droid is plugged into an after-market charger, but this is the first I have heard of one off a charger doing it. Try doing a battery pull and if that does not work a hard reset.

Bdow24

Reaction score
Otherworldly possession of Droid w/aftermarket AC Power

I can confirm on two separate devices that the 'cheap-o' after-market AC power supplies that aren't specifically made for the Droid X do cause erratic behavior on the device.
The specifics on the faulty charger:
Model # MOTV8/V9
500mA
The actual charger could have voltage issues (inconsistent power flow to the device) which may cause the errata

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not we have a lot of these "Droid Possessed" threads.

My brother had this issue with his Droid. I recommended doing a Factory Data Reset out of his privacy settings. This resolved the issue.

Now what causes it? Some say it's using chargers that are not Motorola, although I have used non Motorola chargers on my Droid with no issue. Some blame task killers. I really don't know.

OP
Supertom

Supertom

Reaction score
Yeah, as suggested earlier, I removed the battery, did a restart, and so far today it hasn't done any of these goofy things.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Maybe it's bored?...lol