Droid Doesn't

bacalao

Reaction score
How about florida, we are in tbhe middle of a cold snap.... a high of 58 oh my! Haha.

My girlfriend acts like my wife half the time, and is jealous because she still has her storm...

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How about florida, we are in tbhe middle of a cold snap.... a high of 58 oh my! Haha.

My girlfriend acts like my wife half the time, and is jealous because she still has her storm...

yeah its cold for us.... im live in Tarpon Springs but im down in Ft Lauderdale right now since i work down here.

khelek

Reaction score
hahaha, my Droid was a life saver! Left the Triangle area in NC around 2:30 on Fri, 12/18 to go to the northeast section of TN. I'd heard rumor of snow to the west of us, but shrugged it off because I like snow, so getting it would be antithetical to the Universe's treatment of me. So we set out. Everything was fine until we got out of the Greensboro area and then....yeah. The rumors were right.

We tried to go as far as we could but realized that if we didn't voluntarily stop, we'd be forced to at some point, and a night in a freezing cold with a 17 month old wasn't going to be fun. So, during one of the very slow/stop periods, I was able to use my Droid to find near by hotels and was able to get a reservation for the night. When we got there, they were already booked solid and turning people away. My ENV wouldn't have been able to do that! (OK, maybe wtih GOOG-411 it would, but it's way more fun on the Droid!). We ended up waking up to 12"+ of snow on the ground!

The next morning as we were debating whether to go or stay, noticed a young man in the lobby who was using his Droid to find weather/road conditions. Thought about giving him the Droid secret handshake, but he was busy at the time and I didn't get to speak to him.

kwood

Reaction score
We got about 2 and half feet here at McGuire AFB in NJ i've spent the whole weekend at work shoveling snow and de-icing airplanes! ugh!

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
Psh, I live in Minnesota this little snow is nothing.

I live in a college town so some of my fellow students forget to move their cars to the other side of the street for the plows. I was walking to class and some cars you could barely see any paint: just completely berried in snow.

Then since they can't move the cars, the plows can't do the other side of the street. Haha, quite a predicament.