Droid doesnt turn on. flashing screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt3

Reaction score
I just got a droid off ebay, it looks brand new still has plastic on the back, and it looks great payed 250 for it, it has bad esn..

but anyway i plug the charger in and and all it does is just lights up, then goes black, then lights up, then goes black. it just continues to do this. what is the problem is it bricked?

i didnt know where to put this thread im new here. thanks.

sam5828

Reaction score
I just got a droid off ebay, it looks brand new still has plastic on the back, and it looks great payed 250 for it, it has bad esn..

but anyway i plug the charger in and and all it does is just lights up, then goes black, then lights up, then goes black. it just continues to do this. what is the problem is it bricked?

i didnt know where to put this thread im new here. thanks.
see if you can get to boot up holding the X and try powering up the phone and see what it does, and why does it have a bad esn? and if it does why did you buy it?

OP
kurt3

kurt3

Reaction score
holding down x and powering doesnt do anything, and i got it with bad esn becuase i was going to flash it to metro pcs.

OP
kurt3

kurt3

Reaction score
ya but i don't know if its even charging, its just lighting up for a split second then it goes black, then it lights up again for a split second then black. it wont even do that unless its hooked up to the charger.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Droid Forums. I'm sorry to hear about you having this experience.

You mentioned it had a bad ESN. What are you planning on doing with it if you do get it started up?

I imagine since you bought it off eBay there is no warranty?

OP
kurt3

kurt3

Reaction score
no warrenty bought from ebay the guy said it worked 100% for him and he had no trouble turning it on, going to flash it to metro pcs if it turns on....just my luck i guess.

OP
kurt3

kurt3

Reaction score
well not everyone has $550, to spend on a phone so i thought id buy it off ebay for cheaper and have it on metro, but that's not the problem....im just asking if anyone has a diagnoses of what maybe be happening, is this what happens to a bricked phone?
maybe it needs a new battery?

It also dose the flash thing when i take the battery out completely, and try to turn it on, but it doesn't repeat. also the little light next to where the where the charger plugs in went on for a split second also the first few times i plugged it in, but now it doesn't anymore.

i seen the Motorola logo for a split second a few times time it flashed

OP
kurt3

kurt3

Reaction score
Come on, anyone... it wont power on or charge. what could be the problem. do u think if i go to Verizon they will help me if i just lie and say im trying to figure out whats wrong with it so i can get a contract with them and maybe they can try a diff charger or battery so i don't got to buy a new batter or charger to see if that's the problem?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
You got a stolen phone and you want to take it to VZW?
I hope you like heavy steel wrist jewelry.

Pull the batter
Wait 60 seconds
Press and HOLD the power button for 15 seconds
Replace battery
Press and HOLD the X button on the physical keyboard while pressing and HOLDING the power button until the screen appears to light up
Reply with results.

OP
kurt3

kurt3

Reaction score
WOAH IT WAS The charger sorry for the hassle thanks

M

M1dnite

You got a stolen phone and you want to take it to VZW?
I hope you like heavy steel wrist jewelry.

Pull the batter
Wait 60 seconds
Press and HOLD the power button for 15 seconds
Replace battery
Press and HOLD the X button on the physical keyboard while pressing and HOLDING the power button until the screen appears to light up
Reply with results.

Why didn't you read? He said twice he's taking it to Metro.

koralyne

Reaction score
Actually, he said he would take it to verizon to try and see if they can see whats wrong with it. (see below)

Come on, anyone... it wont power on or charge. what could be the problem. do u think if i go to Verizon they will help me if i just lie and say im trying to figure out whats wrong with it so i can get a contract with them and maybe they can try a diff charger or battery so i don't got to buy a new batter or charger to see if that's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.