DROID DOESN'T (forward attachments)

dlzimmer

Reaction score
Motorola tech support has confirmed to me that, by design, the Droid cannot forward emails with attachments without dropping the attachment, unless the email was received with Gmail.

This seems to me like a major defect in the phone, making it nearly useless for any business purpose. Blackberry does this easily; and I am told that most if not all other PDAs have no trouble forwarding attachments.

Shouldn't Verizon and Motorola disclose this major defect whenever they advertise the Droid?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I can forward fine with Touchdown for my corporate email.

Is that all the Moto tech said? No fix in the works?

dremelts

Reaction score
I just confirmed that I can forward attachments with K-9. You can set it up as your email client for pop,imap or your gmail accounts. I still use the google app for most of my gmail stuff though because k9 doesn't handle the google labels correctly.

Dave

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola tech support has confirmed to me that, by design, the Droid cannot forward emails with attachments without dropping the attachment, unless the email was received with Gmail.

This seems to me like a major defect in the phone, making it nearly useless for any business purpose. Blackberry does this easily; and I am told that most if not all other PDAs have no trouble forwarding attachments.

Shouldn't Verizon and Motorola disclose this major defect whenever they advertise the Droid?
it's NOT the phone, it's the default email app. it's a "defect" in the default email app. the default email app is TERRIBLE. either download another app (such as K-9) or check my HINTS in my sig for how to use POP3 through GMAIL.

OP
D

dlzimmer

Reaction score
[/Quote]
it's NOT the phone, it's the default email app. it's a "defect" in the default email app. the default email app is TERRIBLE. either download another app (such as K-9) or check my HINTS in my sig for how to use POP3 through GMAIL.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I'll give it a try. Why would they release such a terrible app for a key function of the phone?

Silver Member
Reaction score
because gmail is their bread and butter. why should they waste resources on supporting other platforms when they want to push their own products?