DROID Doesn't... do IRC

sapo916

Reaction score
Works fine here, I have Android IRC and it barely uses any battery and has a great interface. For example if someone says my username it will pop up a notification on my phone. Great stuff.

ChugIt

Reaction score
I use Andchat and IRC works just fine on my droid. I connect to port 6667 and 7000 and hell I use IRC on home with verizon DSL and have no problems with it. What servers are you trying to connect to? I use Undernet and everything seems to be fine there.
EDIT: I am also able to use it on 3G or WiFi

Same, I use Andchat like a charm on 3G all the time. That's kinda BS for those that can't. Why would it be blocked in some places and not others? No.... Why would it be blocked period? Trojans Shmojans....

EDIT: I just realized how old this thread is! Carry on.... heh

Josefius

Reaction score
Is anyone else irritated that Verizon blocks IRC traffic? It's not like I need to use IRC, I'm just bothered that I'm not allowed to.

I use AndChat and it works just fine. Chat on Undernet, Efnet and coldfront. I am also on Verizon.

Reaction score
irc.ogamenet.net:6667

I cannot connect with any IRC client and it's driving me nuts!

dayrinni

Reaction score
Is anyone able to connect to the game surge network? I have not been able to do this and it is displeasing me GREATLY.

Streaks

Reaction score
Well..Got the Bionic on release day ( Droid 1 went south and contract was up) and still have the same problem. Andchat works great on Wifi, but as soon as I go back to 4G ( or 3G in Droid 1's case) I get disconnected from Quakenet. Any Ideas?? Thanks!

FinalTrigger

Reaction score
Can anyone help...i downloaded both AndroidIRC and Andchat trying to connect to gamesurge and It will not let me. I am on the verizon network.

Streaks

Reaction score
Still the same deal here w/ me in Cent. Pa.

Andchat works fine on WiFi, but disconnects as soon as I go to 4G.

Don't get why some on here have no issues as all my settings seem ok

Streaks

Reaction score
Wish I could answer your question buddie, but at least you can connect using 4G. I still can only connect to IRC thru Wifi using Andchat. Can anyone help a brother out ( settings?)