1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Does: only English and Spanish?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Pancake, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Pancake

Pancake New Member

The only choices in select locale for me on my Droid are English and Spanish, despite the fact that I am currently living in France. I've looked around, and there's surprisingly little information out there about other language choices (aside from app talk on Korean/Chinese language packs, and so on).

So, is it necessary to install some type of language pack or app to chance the interface/OS language to, say, French? Or German? It seems very surprising that a device like this doesn't come with built in language support.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, love the forums - longtime reader, but rarely a talker.
  2. Pancake

Pancake New Member

Some help would be greatly appreciated on this issue from any of you bilingual droid'ers out there.
  3. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Just thought I'd post to let you know that we aren't ignoring you, you just have a unique situation
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I'm not sure where to point you for an answer to this question.... I'm looking however.
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I should point out that the Droid is not a world phone. Yes, all it does is English and Spanish.
  6. Pancake

Pancake New Member

Alright. Thanks for the responses, all. Does anyone know of language apps or packs that can change the interface language? Or is this something that isn't possible?
  7. ytwokc5

ytwokc5 New Member

I think Bill is right on with his assessment. Would not make much sense to include language support for French for a CDMA phone...

The Motorola Milestone which is a world phone supports many languages. Maybe a rooted Droid with a custom rom that supports other languages is out there?
  8. nelsonnebraska

nelsonnebraska New Member

Spb Mobile Shell is a third party user interface that can be used as a replacement for Touch Flo 3D on Windows Mobile devices. It is produced by Spb Softwarehouse and it supports 25 languages . You can use this and convert the language to which you want.
Search tags for this page
android only english and spanish
android phone only english spanish
chinese for motorola droid x
droid razr only has spanish and english

droid x2 korean

french to english motorola droid x2
how can i install korean in droid x2
how many language are there in the motorola phone.
how to add korean language to droid charge
how to change android to french
how to change chinese to english language in motorola milest
instal chinese language droid x2
korean language android x2
motorola droid razr german languageonly spanish
motorola korean language pack