Droid Does Lookout

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;c3dJA43Akjc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3dJA43Akjc[/video]

Verizon has just launched a new commercial in the Droid Does series and with a quick Droid 2 appearance. A spin around the Appsphere and the Lookout Mobile Security app is highlighted.

Can a smartphone be its own guardian angel? Can it keep an eye out for itself? Literally show and tell you where it is, when you don't even know yourself? Droid Can with Lookout Mobile Security.
To download Lookout Mobile scan the following:
lookout-mobile.png

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never used Lookout, but I thought antivirus was kind of looked down upon by the Android smarties?

Droidfish

Reaction score
Well I'm still not sure about the whole virus protection end of it but the data backup and the ability to find your device if ever stolen or lost makes it a worthy app, IMO

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I have Wave Secure, does pretty much the same thing, without the antivirus part of it. Being free is definitely a plus though (WS is like $20 annually I think).

jayman350

Reaction score
I had lookout on my phone for a while but it slowed my phone down a TON. I thought it may have been some other apps or the rom i was using. Keeping everything the same and just removing lookout my battery life increased and phone was much snappier.

i may give it another shot down the road, b/c the data backup was nice.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still get emails from lookout telling me my device is safe and I haven't had it installed for months

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had lookout on my phone for a while but it slowed my phone down a TON. I thought it may have been some other apps or the rom i was using. Keeping everything the same and just removing lookout my battery life increased and phone was much snappier.

i may give it another shot down the road, b/c the data backup was nice.

It's a well known resource hog. I'd never use it.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I had Lookout on my original Droid, but since getting the Droid X a few month ago I haven't installed it. The app was fine for backing up pictures, etc., and locating the phone, but until it includes locking down and remote wipe of phone and micro SD card it's not yet where I'd like it to be. They've been promising that functionality for their Android version for a while but have been slow to roll it out. Those features are on other versions, but not Android. Then again I haven't checked back to see if it's been added yet.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I've had it installed for months now and I've never received an email from them. My battery life seemed to be the same from when I didn't have it installed so I don't see a reason to uninstall it yet. Plus if I ever lose my phone, I'll feel better by having it on there.

HamDog

Reaction score
Does this work by sending a text to the phone? I don't have a texting plan and called verizon and they shut it off for me. So I don't get texts. But I use Google Voice for texting.

Are there any other similar "fine my phone/block stolen phone" type of apps that don't use texting (or can use Google Voice for texting)?