Droid does...drifting

HCdroid

Reaction score
Took my droid with me to Formula Drift this past weekend, pretty happy with the video quality, just wanted to share with you guys.

[video=youtube;nQyC9S7eGCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQyC9S7eGCM]Droid Formula Drift[/video]

Last edited:

vrdubin6

Reaction score
Nice... I'll be making my annual trek to Seattle in July for the Evergreen Speedway event. That video gets me giddy.

PS: I love the Road Atlanta setup...

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Kind of far from the track......Good Vid tho..

JimmyD

Reaction score
Nice video!

...and I really wish I went to the Formula D events that have come around here, but I haven't yet. I would love to see pro-drifting live, in person!

AtlPikMan

Reaction score
Small world..Not only was i at this event. I think i see myself. I was taking pics down near the fencing.

Nerf

Reaction score
Cool video! I'll try and get some good vids when they come out to Vegas. Anyone who hasn't seen drifting in person should go check it out at least once. Anyone who has a RWD car with decent power (BMW, 240sx, 350z, etc..) should give drifting a try. Idk about everywhere else, but track days here are only ~$120-$150 to drift for the whole day.

dhinged

Reaction score
That looks amazing. I'm currently working on getting Motorola's window mount to allow the Droid to record through.

RagtimeBenji

Reaction score
The Motorola Droid's Video capability is gorgeous. I recorded a campfire me and a partner set up when going hitch hiking around the pacific northwest. Super killer clarity. I was surprised with how well the camera works in the dark. I mean, you can point a flashlight at the subject in pitch black and get quite the quality of most point and shoot cameras that offer video recording. I'm curious if you can possibly change the recording codec to maybe support DivX or even AVI for that matter.

Fault

Reaction score
The thing im actually most impressed with is the audio there. My dad has been drag racing forever, and totally sounds like being at the track