Droid does! Chatroulette, streaming internet radio and navigation all at once

angelman

Reaction score
Suck on this iphone lovers.
So I had an idea to tether my laptop to the droid with wifi (thanks rooted droid). I then hooked up a webcam to the laptop setup looking at me driving the car with the roof down. I drive a 1967 Buick convertible. I then started up chatroulette on the laptop. There were some very perplexed people on there wondering how they hell they were looking at someone barrelling down the freeway! I pointed out the music I was listening to was coming from an internet radio station from thailand and that i was finding my way via google navigation.
The droid totally rocked it.
I was thinking then it would be cool to take this combo around and use it for skype or video im when you are on the road, especially on a roadtrip. Of course doing all this when driving is not advised and highly dangerous...
Wonder if the iphone could do all this..

Reaction score
Suck on this iphone lovers.
So I had an idea to tether my laptop to the droid with wifi (thanks rooted droid). I then hooked up a webcam to the laptop setup looking at me driving the car with the roof down. I drive a 1967 Buick convertible. I then started up chatroulette on the laptop. There were some very perplexed people on there wondering how they hell they were looking at someone barrelling down the freeway! I pointed out the music I was listening to was coming from an internet radio station from thailand and that i was finding my way via google navigation.
The droid totally rocked it.
I was thinking then it would be cool to take this combo around and use it for skype or video im when you are on the road, especially on a roadtrip. Of course doing all this when driving is not advised and highly dangerous...
Wonder if the iphone could do all this..
im gonna try this the next time i take a road trip :)

OP
A

angelman

Reaction score
Come on guys how the hell am I going to take a photo of me driving while talking on chat roulette at the same time... I only have two eyes and hands and they are supposed to be controlling this old car! Try chat roulette and you may find me! Of course you might find a lot of other things that you wish you had never seen.. hahah
Maybe I'll try and take a picture of the rig this morning before I leave...
Point is tethering with droid is awesome and video chat is perfectly possible

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I was just wondering if you had a screencap or something, no big deal.

And there's no way I'm going to wade through that much male genitalia just to search for a guy multitasking in a '67 Buick - no offense. Maybe if you did it from a mopar... :D

modette

Reaction score
Interesting that it works, I wonder if you point the camera through the windshield , and have the mic run up near you and drove around. hmmmm...the ideas...

Or as you have a convertible rig a pole on the back of the car, with the webcam facing slightly down and forward as you drive.

pyro6128

Reaction score
the question is; how many of those people you were showing off to just ended up being dudes with their penises out? hahaha

R

Romple

the question is; how many of those people you were showing off to just ended up being dudes with their penises out? hahaha

Valid argument against pics!

I was just wondering if someone got a shot of you cruising down the highway that'll end up on one of the "funny chatroulette pic" websites.

DliciousFish

Reaction score
Just wanted to second the fact that it's totally possible to Chatroulette in the car while driving around. I've done it a couple times using my Nexus One and I made a proof-of-concept video.

[video=youtube;FeU-Dv6tO9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeU-Dv6tO9Q]YouTube - Demo - Chatroulette tethered in a car[/video]