Droid Dock

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Aaron636r, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Imemine

Imemine New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Saving from email and connecting to pc

I found that docs2go allows you to save some documents onto your phone but not pdf files. I don't have problem opening them, I want to save them. Also I connected my phone to my laptop lastnight and it sees a drive but it won't access it. Any help with that will be greatly appreciated.

M

2. Cassie

Cassie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The hard case protector was going to be my question. I can understand having to take it off to make sure it is fully engaged. I am just afraid I will break the plastic.

3. raydog153

raydog153 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are there third party docks that can be used with the case protectors? Same with the car cradle, I think it is pointless if I have to take my case protector off everytime I want to use a dock or cradle! I have a soft case protector.

4. NightTrainPete

NightTrainPete New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. I was super dependent on my last phone to be my alarm clock and was pumped about this docking station. Got it in the mail yesterday, tried it out last night and had to quickly take it out due to the main buttons being fully on and the main screen just not dim enough. I could probably live with it if the main buttons weren't constantly on all of the time.

I like to sleep in dark rooms :)

5. xistencz

xistencz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    heres a tip,
    if you're gonna order it through verizonwireless then you might wanna try these promo codes: freeovernt (free overnight shipping) and chr15 (15% off all cellphones chargers). and i'm pretty sure you can combine these promo codes so goodluck!

6. ripstar

ripstar New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    does the phone automatically switch to ring from vibrate when it is docked? or is there a setting I need to change?

7. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope--it comes off easy enough.

Start by slightly pulling-back the top-left catch tab (which is protecting the bottom part of the phone) and disengage it. Once done, push to the left from the top-right corner while slightly pulling the catch tab back and it pops right off.

To put it back on, just hook in the bottom first and snap the top back into place. I do this a couple times a day and the case still fits snug--but more importantly--easy to get out of my jeans front pocket when I need to use the phone.

- Mega

8. Szyslak

Szyslak New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same issue. I had to move my dock across the room because it was too bright next to the bed. As an added bonus, now I have to get my lazy butt out of bed to turn it off.

I hope someone will come out with an app that lets you control the dock home screen better. ie, adjustable brightness, or a "sleep mode" with much less displayed on the screen. Maybe once the user base gets large enough we'll see some "moto droid specific" apps like that.

9. HonkyTonksHated

HonkyTonksHated New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. BzB

BzB Member

Ratings:
    +1
    if you press the lock button while in the dock it will turn the screen off... that's what i do for the brightness issue.

11. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's too bright for me at night too.

that's what I'm doing right now too, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the dock being used as a clock on my bedside table.

12. rocketman45

rocketman45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Verizon unresponsive on dock order

I ordered my dock online on 11/17 using the promo code for 20% discount. I promptly received an email confirmation including my order #. Since then, every time I go online to check order status I get the message "your order is being processed. Check back tomorrow." I also sent an email to them yesterday but have gotten no response. Also, the charge hasn't shown up on my credit card yet. Makes me think they're out of stock again.