Droid Dock

Gunghoray

Reaction score
Can you share your zip code and any other info about how you found the dock on the website? I've tried the VZW website in a dozen cities and cannot find it online. I'm searching under Motorola Accessories and can see the car mount but not the multi media dock.

Ray Snyder
Recovering Storm Abuser

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Can you share your zip code and any other info about how you found the dock on the website? I've tried the VZW website in a dozen cities and cannot find it online. I'm searching under Motorola Accessories and can see the car mount but not the multi media dock.

Ray Snyder
Recovering Storm Abuser

Did you try here ?

Droid Charging Cradle

Gunghoray

Reaction score
LOVING IT.. Thanks for your link. Worked perfectly, and the aac20 code took $6 off the price.

I just wasn't holding my mouth right (as my daddy used to say when we went fishing and I wanted to talk a lot.)

Prof Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

Imemine

Reaction score
Droid Dock didn't charge

I got my dock yesterday and put the phone it in last night. My phone ran out of battery today, so I'm assuming it didn't charge. Anything special I need to do for it to charge or do I have a bumb dock?

Thanks
M

Erich_F

Reaction score
If you have it connected to a PC or laptop, make sure the USB port on the PC is a high power port. Likewise if using a USB hub, make sure it's an externally powered hub.

Also, be sure you are seating the Droid fully into the Dock. I found that it can find a "false" seat and not be connected. You should get a "Connected to MultiMedia Station" message in your notifications bar, and then the Dock Icon along side the USB icon. If you don't have either displayed, chances are it's not a proper connection.

Lastly, if using the AC wall adapter, just check to make sure you aren't using a switched wall outlet :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got my dock yesterday and put the phone it in last night. My phone ran out of battery today, so I'm assuming it didn't charge. Anything special I need to do for it to charge or do I have a bumb dock?

Thanks
M

Did you plug it into the wall with the provided chord...?

Gunghoray

Reaction score
Hey, don't beat up too bad on us old farts. I'm a college professor in Business and Ethics and my phone died midday today. It's on a switched wall outlet at night and the doggoned thing was switched OFF all night.

I DID plug it in though. That might be a bit over the top to forget that.

Prof Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha, OK OK. I guess that was a bit too obvious. If you tried everything Erich suggested and it still doesn't work, try using a different micro USB cord. If that doesn't do it, I'd return it for a new dock.

Erich_F

Reaction score
It's on a switched wall outlet at night and the doggoned thing was switched OFF all night.

:)
I've done the same thing before...or someone else turned OFF the switch without knowing...

That's why I suggested it at the last moment in my post...

Erich

Vancelot

Reaction score
I love the dock. I use it as my alarm clock on my night stand. My only complaint/suggestion is to make the snooze/dismiss buttons bigger. I have a hard time focusing on them when I wake up early in the morning.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
One great productivity feature of using the Alarm Clock is that you can choose the Rooster as an alarm. It's the most obnoxious, grating, shrilling, loud, and unpleasant sound I've ever heard from a clock.

It makes me WANT to find and press that tiny Dismiss button so that I won't have to listen to it again by pressing Snooze.

What a life.

Prof Ray

Imemine

Reaction score
I'm not even going to answer JhankG. LOL. "ignore ignore" Erich, I didn't know it stated anything so when I plugged it in, it did say connected, but then I got an error message. So I unplugged everything and replugged and now its connected. Thank you so much for the help.
Thank you JhankG LOL

is there a thread for how do I download a pdf file from email? :)

M