Droid Display > Incredible Display

bcrigler

Reaction score
I mean to be honest... they both have good screens. I personally think inc is a little better but its personal preference. You want to keep the moto droid. Then keep it. They both are great phones.

cplus

Reaction score
Very interesting info. Now if the droid could just develop the ability to use the battery efficiently.

OMG DROID screen EATS EATS EATS battery!! I guess its the price you pay for that kinda beauty. I can't wait for AMOLED to progress more.

Might I restate something important in the OP while I'm at it:

When these two sceens are NOT side by side it es VERY hard to pick on the Incredible. Goooo DROIDS!

cplus

Reaction score
I mean to be honest... they both have good screens. I personally think inc is a little better but its personal preference. You want to keep the moto droid. Then keep it. They both are great phones.

This is great! Lets start a list of technical strong points of the Inc. screen over the DROID screen. I'll start.

1. Inc. screen uses less battery.

Since I only got to play with the Inc. here in my office for an hour I will have to ask others to contribute to this growing list.

Note: I am only interested in this information from a technical perspective as I don't take opposing device specifications and their real-world values personally.

GodDriven

Reaction score
Sadly.. I don't want to compare like this.. But.. It's just as bright.. Clear.. Crisp as my MacBook Pro.. 17Inch.. Quad Core.. LoL..

Last edited:

cplus

Reaction score
Sadly.. I don't want to compare like this.. But.. It's just as bright.. Clear.. Crisp as my MacBook Pro.. 17Inch.. Quad Core..

I compare this entirely to my 3GHZ Macbook Pro.. Yup.. That I do.. it's does everything the same.. Everything.. LoL.. Minus the other 2gigs of speed.. But we'll soon get there.. Not that we need it.. LoL..

The screen is just the same.. Perfect..

Great NONscientific, NONtechnical, almost NONsensical, ummm REVIEW?

This is a DROID screen compared to Inc. screen thread. Good luck finding a place where people are looking to size up their smartphone to their lappy. LOL!!

But it's always funny to see someone not scared to let their FEELINGS get in the way of a technical discussion. You seem like another that didn't really read the whole [2 PAGES of] thread, though I could be wrong.. which would be even sadder...

opengeo

Reaction score
Any difference between the Droid and Incredible screens isn't really going to be discernable by people unless inspecting uber closely. One or the other might be marginally better, but no major difference.

kev83202

Reaction score
anybody notice how much LESS power the Incredible's screen uses though? i had my screen on for 1/4th the time the phone has been powered on and the display used up only 10% of the battery consumption. on my droid the display was always on the top of the list, and usually by quite a margin.

i did notice text isn't quite as crisp, but it's still perfectly readable.

I agree with this, I was a little disapointed when I was looking at text and websites side by side with the droid, the droid is definatly sharper.

That being said the colors are nice, and as long as your not comparing them side by side it's great lol

Looked at the batter meter and sure enough it's not even close the INC. screen uses way less battery. So I guess it's hard to declare one a winner over the other.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
The lcd is to the droid as the snapdragon processor is to the incredible? Does the snapdragon processor use a lot of battery?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
G

gatorbait

Reaction score
OLED>LCD... It's a fact. And I had both phones and my wife still has the moto droid. Droid Incredible's display is insane. Sorry...
That may normally be true, but is an OLED display with only two subpixels per pixel better than an LCD with 3 subpixels per pixel? That's where the question over the quality of the Incredible's screen is primarily focused.

jasonb

Reaction score
hows this?

HTC Incredible:

5m 4s since unplugged:
Android System: 57%
Cell Standby: 16%
Display: 15%..... time on: 5m 3s
Wi-Fi: 12%

Moto Droid

5m 13s since unplugged

Display: 80%.... time on 5m 12s
Android System: 11%
Wi-Fi: 6%
Android OS: 2%
Cell Standby: 2%

the screen on the Incredible is amazing when it comes to power consumption. it seems to me like the display will never ever be the thing eating battery on this phone. AMOLED FTW!!!!

Edit: one more note, this is with auto brightness set on both phone both sittin right next to each other on the arm of my sofa, so conditions were equal.

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
And yet folks are reporting they can't get through the day with the battery.

One battery eater for another...

jasonb

Reaction score
And yet folks are reporting they can't get through the day with the battery.

One battery eater for another...

i can understand people not getting through a day. it all depends on how it's used and what it's used for. if it's sitting idle in your pocket for most of the day you should very easily go 12-16 hours. if you're constantly on the web or sending texts then it will obviously go quicker. so far to me the battery life seems better than my droid. the biggest battery eater on my droid was the display, that will never be the case with an AMOLED screen.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Display: 80%.... time on 5m 12s > Display: 15%..... time on: 5m 3s
Android System: 11% > Android System: 57%
Wi-Fi: 6% > Wi-Fi: 12%

Yeah, see this is what I mean. Sure if you don't use your phone the battery lasts longer. But look what has taken the place of the display as the battery eater: Wifi and Sense.

Mind you I will probably still get one, but this kind of bugs me.

jasonb

Reaction score
Display: 80%.... time on 5m 12s > Display: 15%..... time on: 5m 3s
Android System: 11% > Android System: 57%
Wi-Fi: 6% > Wi-Fi: 12%

Yeah, see this is what I mean. Sure if you don't use your phone the battery lasts longer. But look what has taken the place of the display as the battery eater: Wifi and Sense.

Mind you I will probably still get one, but this kind of bugs me.

battery life still seems very good. it's a bit early to really tell. only had the phone a day, but the battery seems to be draining pretty slowly.

only used up 3% in the last 38 minutes, and the screen has been on for 11 minutes (over 1/4) of that time.

Last edited: