Droid disgust

bbeasley

Reaction score
And people make fun of Windows.

I'm sick of never being able to find my applications on the home screen. I've read all about the click here, stand on your head, reboot, wait ten minutes. I bought this phone expecting it to work.

This is by far the worst experience I've ever had with anything Google.

I would not recommend this phone to anyone.

BodyBagz

Reaction score

I'm sick of never being able to find my applications on the home screen. I've read all about the click here, stand on your head, reboot, wait ten minutes. I bought this phone expecting it to work.

Exactly how are you not finding your "applications" on your Home Screen...if ya dont mind me asking?:icon_eek:

There plenty of people here on DF that would be willing to help ya walk through your problems and try to resolve them...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
: )

Please explain your situation a little better so that you may receive some help.

If you long press on an app in the applications pane that will move it to your homescreen.

You don't have to stand on your head, reboot or wait 10 minutes neither : )

In all seriousness though. Please do explain the issues you are having the device is very easy to navigate around in once you understand things and thats what everyone is here for: To help you.

OP
B

bbeasley

Reaction score
After one of the updates some of my icons were missing. If I go to settings>applications the app is there and I can open it but not get it on the desktop. Pressing for a period of time does nothing. Rebooting the phone does nothing.

Thank you for the reply!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have never suggested anyone to stand on their head :)

BodyBagz

Reaction score
After one of the updates some of my icons were missing. If I go to settings>applications the app is there and I can open it but not get it on the desktop. Pressing for a period of time does nothing. Rebooting the phone does nothing.

Thank you for the reply!
I know this might sound remedial, but have you tried Long Pressing on a Home Screen and going through the Add Application menu that way to see if it works?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thank you for the reply!
There's no reason why it shouldn't work. Just click and hold down on your desktop screen and then click Shortcuts, select Applications, then press on the app you want on the desktop.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Don't know what to tell you. I my top 14 apps are only 2 side scrolls away.

Attachments

• desktop.png
    desktop.png
    206.7 KB · Views: 135

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP do not give up! The Android OS is fantastic. When I first switched from iPhone to Android I felt I made a mistake. Now, I would not consider returning.

Let us know how we can help!

Mike

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What are these apps/icons that are "missing"?

xliderider

Reaction score

Thank you for the reply!

Open your app drawer, long press on the app that you want on your home screen and drag it to the position you want it in and lift your finger. Repeat for all other apps you want.

dolpns13

Reaction score

Thank you for the reply!

you cant add it by going into your app drawer and long pressing the app? - this will throw the app on your homescreen.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't say you aren't getting any help. A response would be nice to some of the suggestions.

This puppy is ready to go, right out of the box. Unfortunately it may indeed not be the right phone for you. If that's the case then good luck with whatever you end up getting.

superglen99

Reaction score
You're doing it wrong. If you go to settings<applications thats for removing apps and you can't move them from there. Open the app drawer, long press on the app and drag it to where you want it and let go. Takes 2 seconds.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Apps2Sd can result in icons not displaying.

I would recommend you contact Verizon immediately. The hardware and the Software are covered under warranty. Get them to fix it. It sounds like reflashing the software will solve your issues.