Droid deleting my texts without my permission

eblambda2

Reaction score
Hello all,

Hope everyone is having a good day. Quick question though, does anybody else get all their text deleted by their droid for no reason? I have the "delete texts as it gets full" box unchecked, but for some reason my phone erases ALL my texts at random times. Today is the second time its happened to me. I opened up my inbox and nothing was there. It makes me mad and sad because i have some special texts I want to save, but my phone keeps deleting them. Is there something I'm missing here? I think the most text I had in one thread was about 320 texts, wheras the other threads were like 20 or 60.

Seriously, what the hell. Please tell me there's a setting or I'm doing something so my texts don't get erased without my permission. :icon_evil:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hello all,

Hope everyone is having a good day. Quick question though, does anybody else get all their text deleted by their droid for no reason? I have the "delete texts as it gets full" box unchecked, but for some reason my phone erases ALL my texts at random times. Today is the second time its happened to me. I opened up my inbox and nothing was there. It makes me mad and sad because i have some special texts I want to save, but my phone keeps deleting them. Is there something I'm missing here? I think the most text I had in one thread was about 320 texts, wheras the other threads were like 20 or 60.

Seriously, what the hell. Please tell me there's a setting or I'm doing something so my texts don't get erased without my permission. :icon_evil:

The droid does what the droid wants. It's a living mechanism. If it doesn't like what you said or who you're talking to, it will delete your text. Owning a robot comes with some responsibility.

all joking aside I haven't have an issue with this. Ive had em go to the wrong person, but not delete

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed, i've never had them delete except when i was using the delete texts if it gets full thing on.

OP
E

eblambda2

Reaction score
The droid does what the droid wants. It's a living mechanism. If it doesn't like what you said or who you're talking to, it will delete your text. Owning a robot comes with some responsibility.

all joking aside I haven't have an issue with this. Ive had em go to the wrong person, but not delete

Haha funny thing is I was texting this girl asking her if she wanted to come over. She's not my girlfriend but kind of is, it's complicated. I think my droid is getting jealous.

It bums me out, it deleted special texts I got from her. : (

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Haha funny thing is I was texting this girl asking her if she wanted to come over. She's not my girlfriend but kind of is, it's complicated. I think my droid is getting jealous.

could always forward text messages to your email :icon_eek:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Oh yea, see, there it is. The droid is your new girlfriend. Just do a search about it. Droid wife or girlfriend. We have all suffered from hat you have. Cept it's usually the girl telling us that it's the phone or her...and well...the droid is a lot more capable and a lot less work.

TDuB697

Reaction score
This has happened to me and its very annoying. On two accounts Ive lost upwards of 10,000 texts. Most of which are unimportant but many of them are and I like having established threads of text messages.

BSmith

Reaction score
Mine seems to do this every 2 days or so, completely random. I was also having an issue where the names on the list page were not the same names on the actual text message. The 2 seemed to be related almost. But it had gotten better on the name issue and was still doing the other.

I just got my 2.1 update so we'll see if it followed or is resolved now.