Droid Dead

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I charge my Droid while plugged into my computer. I had forgotten I had my computer off when I got home late last night. When I turned the computer on, the Droid turned on when it got power from the computer. Then it shut down after about 30 seconds of use. I opened Hancent and it took a while to open then the screen went black. It wouldn't turn on. I removed the battery for a while, put it back in, still nothing. It's been charging for about 20 minutes and still nothing.

Anyone seen this before?

junpar

Reaction score
...... don't charge it through your computer. You don't get enough power through the USB hub. Droid needs the st9ck wall charger.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I charge my Droid while plugged into my computer. I had forgotten I had my computer off when I got home late last night. When I turned the computer on, the Droid turned on when it got power from the computer. Then it shut down after about 30 seconds of use. I opened Hancent and it took a while to open then the screen went black. It wouldn't turn on. I removed the battery for a while, put it back in, still nothing. It's been charging for about 20 minutes and still nothing.

Anyone seen this before?

Just plug it into a wall charger and let it be for a couple of hours.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm. I had an odd power issue once right after a clean install of jrummy 0.7 - which probably isn't related to your issue. My power was at 90% but it dropped to 0% (so it said) and wouldnt let me boot up. I charged it for 20 mins and still at 0%?! After I did a clean install of another ROM is was at 80% on bootup which is strange.

I don't think that helps you though... hopefully some early birds will give advice...

(PS: you dont need the stock charger, I have car and hom xBrand and they have worked more than perfectly for months)

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Been charging via the computer since I got it and it seems to charge fine. However, I don't believe I've ever let the battery totally go down and try to recharge on the computer.

It keeps turning on every so often (by itself) then goes dead again, which is strange.

Going to try to charge it with the wall plug.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Great tip! Plugged it into the wall and it's been charging happily for about 30 minutes. It turned on immediately and has stayed on. Now at 40% charge. I guess the computer gives enough juice to charge a battery back but not from totally dead.

Thanks!