Droid control via your PC

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is an app that can be used to control my Droid from my PC. This would be especially useful while I am working. I know its possible to an extent as there is a SMS manager on the PDA.NET app that allows you to type back your responses to SMS messages.

I guess even something along those lines would be nice, but full control would be even more awesome!

JoeeDB

Reaction score
I know there's a thing out there where you can view your droid screen (as if you were looking at the phone) from your computer and use the mouse as you would with your finger. I forget what it's called tho and I couldn't figure out how to use it but it has a very slow fps rate.

rstone

Reaction score
Motorola Phone Portal gets close to this, I think it comes included on the Milestone. It has limited functions, but SMS and file explorer work ok via wifi. Try the wifi version, I don't think the usb one works that great, and it seems to work best on Internet Explorer. Read up on it here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...portal-droid-pc-media-sync-more-via-wifi.html

I've used Motorola Phone Portal, and it doesn't allow you control your droid. It will only allow syncing your pictures, media, etc.

rstone

Reaction score
I know there's a thing out there where you can view your droid screen (as if you were looking at the phone) from your computer and use the mouse as you would with your finger. I forget what it's called tho and I couldn't figure out how to use it but it has a very slow fps rate.

Is this what you were thinking of?

Android Screen Monitor - adakoda

Which I couldn't get working. Would be cool if something could figure it out.