Droid Contact Groups

captainron19

Reaction score
Had a question on creating groups with the droid.

I logged into my gmail account for google and made changes to my contact list and after the wireless sync the changes show fine in my phone.

I created a group also and added a few people in the new group so i could have the ability to send out a text to everyone int he group. But the group does not show up anywhere in my contacts list.

Am I missing something or can anyone provide any idea if this is even possible

huskur

Reaction score

I logged into my gmail account for google and made changes to my contact list and after the wireless sync the changes show fine in my phone.

I created a group also and added a few people in the new group so i could have the ability to send out a text to everyone int he group. But the group does not show up anywhere in my contacts list.

Most likely you will need a messaging app other than the stock app. I use handcent from the market and to send to a group you would select the "+" sign on the top right corner of the screen and you will see your group there along with other options like, selecting from your entire list of contacts.

Silver Member
Reaction score

i just realized what you were talking about. google contact groups are for sorting and organizing and not for distribution.

OP
C

captainron19

Reaction score
Most likely you will need a messaging app other than the stock app. I use handcent from the market and to send to a group you would select the "+" sign on the top right corner of the screen and you will see your group there along with other options like, selecting from your entire list of contacts.

Yes I am using handcent and I do see that now

OP
C

captainron19

Reaction score
It worked but the only problem I ran into is that for the contacts I have in that group I have 2 phone numbers for each one (Home and Mobile) so when I click on the group to send out a mass text message to everyone I have to sit there and select each phone number I want to send the text to

mmcompute

Reaction score
Anyway to make group contacts show up for Gmail on the Droid? Text messaging is one thing but making email group contacts work from the Droid is essential in email. Workarounds?

marlon3

Reaction score
I too have been trying/looking for solutions on creating groups in my contacts. another thing i miss about my BB