Droid constantly disconnects from USB

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by dajakal, Nov 23, 2009.

1. dajakal

dajakal New Member

When my Droid is plugged in to my computer with the USB cable, it's frequently (like sometimes 3 times/minute) disconnecting and reconnecting. I know because I hear the USB noise on the computer, and the phone rings a notification every time. It's still charging the whole time, so I don't know what difference that makes. The cable is secure, the phone is just sitting still every time it does it.
    I can never do a large file transfer without babysitting it in case it disconnects, and I really hate it. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  2. sun

sun New Member

My droid also has a problem keeping a connection via usb. when i plug it in .. it within a minute disconnects. It doesn't reconnect. i have to keep re-mounting it. Anyone know what is going on?

-sun
  3. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the device drivers on the PC.
  4. sun

sun New Member

I will try that.

Additional information: It actually seems to only do it when i try to transfer any amount of data. If i mount and dont really do anything it stays connected. it disconects as soon as i try to copy a file or two or run one of my recorded videos.

I will also try plugging through another usb hub on my pc and also connect to another pc and see if the issue remains ..

i'll post to let anyone who is interested know. :)

-sun
  5. sun

sun New Member

ok that was strange ... it appears to be my usb 2.0 card .... when i connect to the onboard usb .. it works fine .... problems solved

-sun
  6. dajakal

dajakal New Member

I think I fixed my problem: I'm using PandaHome, and whenever I turned on USB storage it popped up saying "Cannot find SD card, theme may be abnormal" or something. Anyway, while it's on the home screen, I get the constant USB disco/reco issues. But if I just idle in an app, like the browser, then it stays connected. Maybe background apps that are using the SD card are causing this?
  7. Dr. Tenma

Dr. Tenma New Member

Mine does this occasionally, but more often simply doesn't charge. Whenever I get below 5% it does literally nothing, even on USB power and I have to switch to wall charger. I have no qualms with the phone itself but the USB cord leaves something to be desired...
  8. MCFX2

MCFX2 New Member

Hmm. My phone is also acting a bit strangely with the USB Cord. I plugged it in earlier today so i could root my device. I installed the drivers but one failed to install. 'Not Available' Was the message, i believe. Then i went to a site to download the official drivers, but that didn't help much. now, whenever i try and install the drivers it shows 4 drivers. 2 of them install right away, the third one installs after a while, and the last one, ADB Interface, starts to install but it then says "Download Failed; Device Disconnected" Which I find odd because my computer still reads the device. Whenever i try to copy a video, it starts but then says 'Windows Explorer Is Encountering Problems.." then everything freezes, and it says "Windows Explorer is restarting..." and when it finishes, my whole desktop is screwed up, the folders have been scrambled. Then on my phone i'll lose all signal (including WiFi) almost entirely. Any fixes? I cannot back up my videos until a solution is found.
Search tags for this page
android device keeps disconnecting from windows

android file transfer keeps disconnecting

android keeps disconnecting from pc

android keeps disconnecting usb

android usb keeps disconnecting

android usb storage disconnects

android usb storage keeps disconnecting

galaxy s3 keeps disconnecting from pc
galaxy s3 usb connector disconnected
galaxy s3 usb keeps disconnecting
galaxy s4 keeps disconnecting from pc