[ROM] DROID CONCEPTS Haters gonna Hate v5 906 official base Rom

BJPalmer85

Reaction score
Running 1.2 and it is great. Ive had some random lagging here and there but everything is snappy. Noticing some significant heat increase as well but i plan on sticking with it until it starts to bug me.

might switch to the non-overclocked in a few weeks and see if i can notice a difference.

1 issue is that stock calendar widget does not work. not to big of a deal just making sure you knew

cant wait to see some themes for this. requesting anything with that half circle locker thing (very descriptive i know)

great job!!!

B

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Its funny how things work. I can't run the 1.2 OC on this, but ran the kexec at 1.2 without issue. I still need to try the 1.1 of this.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Naw, naw. Google "papercraft" and go look at images first. The "low level" stuff is boxy and simple. The more advanced stuff, after "building" looks 3D. I'll post a pic later to show you.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
uploadfromtaptalk1342485924145.jpguploadfromtaptalk1342485988710.jpg

To keep it Android related. This is papercraft. These are made out of paper. Glue or tape is used to keep it together.

Irish_Rhino

Reaction score
Its funny how things work. I can't run the 1.2 OC on this, but ran the kexec at 1.2 without issue. I still need to try the 1.1 of this.
Kexec is a kernel & not a ROM, right?
But, as of now, the only way to change to this kernel, is by flashing the CM9 Rom?
I am still running Eclipse v3 1.2 & I am about to move over to Haters 4. I was thinking of flashing the CM9 ROM, to get the new kernel. Then flashing the Haters ROM, to have a stable & fully functional ROM that I want.
Are there any benefits to running the new kernel, over my current kernel with Haters 4?
Thoughts?

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
But, as of now, the only way to change to this kernel, is by flashing the CM9 Rom?
I am still running Eclipse v3 1.2 & I am about to move over to Haters 4. I was thinking of flashing the CM9 ROM, to get the new kernel. Then flashing the Haters ROM, to have a stable & fully functional ROM that I want.
Are there any benefits to running the new kernel, over my current kernel with Haters 4?
Thoughts?

yes kexec is a kernel..
you need to download the new safestrap to get it..
benifits? only if you want ics or jelly bean on your d3 lol

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Thoughts?

I think the main thing is its a fully functioning kernel. Whereas the OC in Haters is a script, the kexec kernel is clocked at 1.2 at the kernel level. The CM9 is not fully functional, so its just to play with, but its the smoothest ROM OCd ROM I've seen for the D3.
Having things at the kernel level as apposed to running a script is much better IMO.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
So, I read on the XDA thread that the backups from SS1 are interchangable with SS2. Has anyone here tested that?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So, I read on the XDA thread that the backups from SS1 are interchangable with SS2. Has anyone here tested that?

Safestrap backups have been interchangable since a couple updates ago. The only thing really added to SS2.0 was the kexec boot.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Safestrap backups have been interchangable since a couple updates ago. The only thing really added to SS2.0 was the kexec boot.

Oh... well, I feel stupid. Thank you.