Droid commercials getting on my nerves

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a marketing guy I'm getting sick of the same stinking "surfing" ad... if your slogan is Droid does, then we need to see WHAT Droid does.... it seems like they're trying to sell it as a fast web surfing device... in my opinion that's just a very small percentage of its capabilities..... I know these spots have been effective and not everyone has seen them yet( yeah if you don't have a TV or internet ) anyway.... I'd like to see more options and application type ads... hell, a gorilla glass ad may bring in the clumsy phone customer.. obviously I'm "Droided" and I just want to see the continued excellent growth of the Droid nation.... I like what they are doing just tired of that one commercial.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a marketing guy I'm getting sick of the same stinking "surfing" ad... if your slogan is Droid does, then we need to see WHAT Droid does.... it seems like they're trying to sell it as a fast web surfing device... in my opinion that's just a very small percentage of its capabilities..... I know these spots have been effective and not everyone has seen them yet( yeah if you don't have a TV or internet ) anyway.... I'd like to see more options and application type ads... hell, a gorilla glass ad may bring in the clumsy phone customer.. obviously I'm "Droided" and I just want to see the continued excellent growth of the Droid nation.... I like what they are doing just tired of that one commercial.

It doesn't have the impact that the first commercials did for sure, but I think the reason you're tired of it is you notice it (as I do) more then other people do. I would like to see something else but their advertising department has been doing a good marketing job.

I'd like to see them get back on the "I don't" theme again. I thought that was a great campaign but who knows what marketing will do? The good news is they are marketing the Droid which means they have vested interest and that's good for all of us.

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score

It doesn't have the impact that the first commercials did for sure, but I think the reason you're tired of it is you notice it (as I do) more then other people do. I would like to see something else but their advertising department has been doing a good marketing job.

I'd like to see them get back on the "I don't" theme again. I thought that was a great campaign but who knows what marketing will do? The good news is they are marketing the Droid which means they have vested interest and that's good for all of us.

No doubt Hook.... the idon't ads are the ones that got iPhone in a tizzy LOL. I do appreciate what they're doing.... people seem to always know what I'm talking about when I tell them what kinda phone I have.... just want to change it up a lil.... I've got a great concept or 2 guess I should produce them and send it in... or put it on YouTube.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With all the rumors of the iPhone possibly coming to VZW.... I doubt we'll see the iDon't commercials again.