Droid Charge won't disconnect from my Mac...

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by mgcasella, Sep 20, 2011.

1. mgcasella

mgcasella New Member

I just bought a Droid Charge and I have a MacBook Pro, which I purchased brand new last summer.

After I'm done transferring music, etc to my phone I'm not able to disconnect. I've tried bunches on combinations of things and nothing works; however, today I was able to "force eject" my Droid and that seemed to work. Also, in case anyone is wondering, under "USB settings" on my phone I have "Ask on connection" chosen. I have a few more ideas I could try but am afraid of screwing up my Droid if I keep messing with it.

A search via Google didn't help but it brought me to this forum (so that was good).

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance!
    -Matt
  2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

you cant make it show disconnected on your mac im assuming, on the phone you pull down the menu and disconnect the usb but it still shows connected on your mac..
    as long as it says it disconnected on the phone and you see the media scanner running for a few seconds its ok to pull the plug you cant hurt the sd card at that point.
  3. mgcasella

mgcasella New Member

Thanks for the info and welcome :icon_ banana:

You are correct: I can't make it show on my Mac that I have disconnected, even though I have told my phone to disconnect.

Does this mean that even though my Mac says that I disconnected improperly I don't have to worry about it?
  4. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

yes, as long as your sure the phone is disconnected, your ok (media scanner running is a good indication it disconnected)
    my friend has a mac and had the exact issue, i told her what i told you and she is working no problem.
    ill ask her if she found a fix for the mac end later when i talk to her.
  5. mgcasella

mgcasella New Member

Awesome - thanks!
  6. da2zoe

da2zoe DF Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm the friend Bwen mentioned....haha. I have not found a way to get my Mac to show I've ejected my Charge. It's really weird as I've never found this type of problem with anything I've ever connected to my Mac....and I've used Macs for a very long time.

But like Bwen said as long as I make sure the phone is no longer connected then I just unplug from my Mac (ignore the warning window that pops up about improper removal) and have never had any problems. I even talked to Apple and they don't seem to know why this happens either. I'll let you know if I ever find out why or how to fix it....it really is weird.

Edit: And force ejecting hasn't worked either. It just sits there.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  7. mgcasella

mgcasella New Member

Gotcha - thanks for the reassurance!

Yeah - I've used Macs for a long time too and have never had this problem either, hence my concern.

I really appreciate the help from both of you - thanks! :icon_ banana:
  8. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I connect my charge to my mac at work and it shows in the finder. When I am done transferring data or what not, I click on the eject arrow next to my phone in the finder and it disappears from the finder then I unplug it. But you are right it never shows disconnected on the phone. But for that matter, my thunderbolt never did either. So it maybe a situation where that is how the android phones interact with Macs now.
Search tags for this page
android phone won't charge on mac

android won't eject from mac

disconnect android phone from mac

how do i eject my android phone from mac
how to disconect android from mac
how to dissconect android frommac
how to eject an android phone on mac
how to unplug android from mac

problems connecting samsung droid charge to mac