1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Charge Vibration Vibrate is Very Weak

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by guitarguru44, Jun 29, 2011.

1. guitarguru44

guitarguru44 New Member

As this is my first post here I want to first say thanks to everyone for this great site. It's been extremely helpful in many ways. Due to Verizon changing the prices for data I was forced to go with the Droid Charge, which while a huge upgrade over the envtouch is a downgrade from the mythical Bionic that I was originally planned to get.

Anywho, enough babbling from me.

My problem with the Droid Charge is that the vibrate is extremely weak. I can barely feel it. For some reasons for an incoming phone call it is a little heavier than for a text message but even still I can't find anywhere on this phone to turn up the intensity of the vibration. This is what I would like to do as my envtouch was plenty ample with its vibrate.

Also I can't change the vibration intensity then is there any settings that allow me to change the vibration pattern? Currently it is a short single vibrate so maybe extending this into multiple vibrates or having reminders every 5 minutes would be able to help me with this problem.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else have the call vibrate louder than a text or email?

Thanks a bunch in advance.
  2. DrPepper721

DrPepper721 New Member

Hey its funny you say that because I had the voyager and I was going to upgrade to a Ionic when there unlimited data plans were going to end, so same thing like you I was pretty much forced to get the droid charge since it was the best out of the three 4G phones.
    I also have the same problem where I can barely tell when I get a text message because of the vibration is very weak. I really do not know why the vibration is very weak.

Sent from my Droid Charge using DroidForums
  3. guitarguru44

guitarguru44 New Member

I swear sometimes this this definitely does not vibrate either. I just missed 3 texts and an email and it's laying on top of my desk in an empty and quiet room so of course I should be able to hear at least one out of four vibrates. I really have to figure this out. I love the phone so far other than the battery life which died after 10 hours of light use. I knew the battery problem was an issue going into any smartphone but the vibrate is really pretty unacceptable. I feel like when the iphone 4's firts came out and they could do everything except make a phone call, lol.
  4. DrPepper721

DrPepper721 New Member

I know same thing. The only big flaws.I have is.the battery life and the word corrections. The word corrections never get my words right and it sometimes pisses me off!!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  5. brad92

brad92 New Member

If its any consolation, I feel like my X's vibrator is weak. But with Apex rom, I get over 12 hours with medium to heavy use...

sent from my ApeX
  6. Moreno

Moreno New Member

I know you can adjust the vibration intensity by going to your settings>Sound settings>than down to vibration intensity. My was default at max. Maybe yours got adjusted.
  7. BeefJerky

BeefJerky New Member

The vibrate on the Charge seems fine to me. However, I am coming from a Thunderbolt, which has an extremely weak vibrate, so maybe it is all relative.
  8. cigarking12135

cigarking12135 New Member

Download Smart Vibrator, it works great! You can create your own vibration patterns!
  9. guitarguru44

guitarguru44 New Member

I believe this is for the setting for the haptic feedback, and not the notification vibrate ringer for texts, calls, etc.

Looks like I will have to find a decent vibrate app to change the pattern to something more recognizable than a single weak vibrate pulse.

I also added NOLED app which helps. Basically it turns your screen into an led indicator letting you know if you have any notifications. I works just like the LED indicators on most other phones. I guess it even works a little better. I heard this app drains better but I am only just testing it for my first day today and it works pretty nice so far.
  10. Murphman

Murphman New Member

DITTO!
    Samsung sucks:
    1) Phone won't vibrate enough on silent mode to get through my holster. I miss every call. However, vibrate is good for text notification - go figure.
    Fix: I borrowed one of my wife's vibrators and hot-wired it to my Charge. Works great now, but people look at me funny.
    Actual Fix: You MUST crank up the "Vibration Intensity" to max.
    2) Drops many calls where my old blackberry was great
    3) Battery life blows... even after i turned off LTE, which is why i bought the phone
    Droid/Google sucks:
    1) voice dialer won't work because I have too many contacts. VZW rep didn't know this and took phone back to factory default... made me do all of the recovery work.
    2) Voice search is only good for a few minor items.
    3) I have many personal email accounts, and I'm having to convert all of them from POP3 to IMAP, so that my emails will stay on the phone.

Too bad i flushed my old blackberry down the toilet... maybe it wasn't so bad afterall.

BTW, this Charge is one of the coolest micro PCs I've ever seen. Bottom line: I need a working phone 1st and a PC 2nd.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  11. Shurple

Shurple New Member

bwahahahahaa
  12. jag1966

jag1966 New Member

Have you found a way to increase the intensity of the battery vibration?
  13. guitarguru44

guitarguru44 New Member

No I have not found a way to increase vibration. I was using NoLED but it really was a drain on battery so I have removed that. My next idea is to try some vibration apps to try to find some setting that I can recognize when someone is calling, texting, etc.
Search tags for this page
can the vibrate be turned up on droidx

droid charge vibrate intensity

fixing the samsung droid charge vibrate
galaxy s4 weak vibration mode
how do i turn down the vibration intensity on a htc incredia
how to change the intensity on a droids razr m vibration
how to increase more vibrations on text incoming on samsung
how to make yu vibration louder on the samsung droid charge'
how to turn down vibration intensity on droid bionic
how to turn uo vibrate on droid charger
increase vibrate intensity on razr m