1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Charge Unroot Fail?

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by clarinetken, Aug 21, 2011.

1. clarinetken

clarinetken New Member

So, this rookie did well at rooting his phone... When attempting to unroot using this site: Droid Charge Full Factory Tar, and Flashing Software ...

I got so far as downloading the software to my phone via download mode but stupidly didn't leave the battery in. For some reason, I was thinking it had to be out because of what I had to do at one point while rooting.

NOW, I'm stuck with a phone screen that shows a black screen with a picutre in the middle of an old flip phone..a yellow triangle with a black exclamation point in the middle...followed by a computer.

SamsungPST is now not recognizing the connection to my USB ports.

Am I effed? Or, is there a way out of this? I sure hope it's the latter!
  2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Well-Known Member

if the phone turns on at all (which you say it does) this should be fixable.
    p3's tutorial is a bit short. get Odin and open it and PST on your pc at the same time then get the phone into dl mode and see if either one will see the phone.
    try different usb ports (back is best), keep trying things until one see's the phone. when you get one (likely both will pickup, close odin, unless only odin picks up then use that and close pst).
    once you get it put the "pit" file and software file (use ED1) in before you start and check "re-partition" only, then press start.
    make sure you have the battery IN before you actually start to flash, you can take it out to get into dl mode if you have to then put it back in.

links and tutorials: read thoroughly before you start, get a new ED1 file also from my links.
    charge.pit
    Return To Stock
    Flashing With Odin
  3. clarinetken

clarinetken New Member

first...thx for your detailed response...

when i power the phone on the regular way OR while holding down the volume down button, it shows me the same screen.

it's 3 small images in the middle of the screen...the first on the left looks like an older motorola flip phone with an antennae...then, there are 2 dots...followed by the small yellow triangle with the black exclamation point in it...followed by 2 more dots...then the picture of the computer.

I wish I could take a picture and paste it here!

when i try the 2 usb ports that i have on the back of my dell latitude d630 (running xp), it's not recognized...

so...i guess the question is...how do i get my phone into download mode from this point?
  4. bweN diorD

unplug the usb from your phone, take the battery out, start the flashing software on your pc, hold the vol down button and plug in the usb cable.
    if it works, put the battery back in and follow the instructions above including the pit file and NEW ED1 file.

if it doesnt work try re-installing the Samsung drivers (there in one of the above post) and reboot your pc then try again.
  5. clarinetken

clarinetken New Member

*KNOCK ON WOOD* ME THINKS IT'S WORKIN'!

i'll let you know if i run into anymore hiccups!!
  6. bweN diorD

:) let me know how it works out
  7. clarinetken

clarinetken New Member

MY LIFE CAN CONTINUE! I'm up & runnin'!!!! THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
  8. bweN diorD

np :)
Search tags for this page
android exclamation point computer droid charge
charge phone pc and exclamation
charge pit file
complete black screen while unrooting samsung droid charge
droid charge displays a phone to comuter pictuter
droid charge ee4 factory tar download

droid charge phone exclamation point computer

droid charge phone yellow exclamation point computer