Droid Charge short battery

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by raptorspike, Jun 23, 2011.

1. raptorspike

raptorspike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So, here's my issue. Since getting the phone a few weeks ago, I barely can use my phone for things other than calls and texts during the day. If I unplug it at 6am, I'm lucky with light use to get to 8pm before needing to recharge. I can let it sit in my locker at work for three hours, it doesn't do ANYTHING and it looses 30% power in that time. Am I getting a normal experience or what?

2. diverbelow

diverbelow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you in a 4G area? If so, do you get 4G in your locker? If not the phone will drop to 3G and ping/search for 4G and will drain the battery quick.

Also, the TW can also drain the battery as well.

3. raptorspike

raptorspike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    diverbelow, I do live in a 4G area. But unless I'm planning on using it, I turn all the antennas off. In my locker, the only antenna on is the one just for the phone.

4. alanbk

alanbk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A locker, assuming metal, can act as a shield, blocking or reducing the cell tower signal that the phone is receiving. A locker is a metal box, which tends to shield (block) RF (Radio Frequency) waves. So in short, if that is happening your phone is going to a higher power to communicate with the cell tower, thus eating more battery

5. spdivr1122

spdivr1122 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would just turn it off in the locker personally. And yeah, if you don't have 4g somewhere, switch to all 3g. That helps a ton. The battery is a bit bad on this phone, but I don't mind because where I am I usually have either a car charger or walk charger

Sent from my droid charge

Search tags for this page

short battery life before needing charging on a samsung s3

short battery life on samsung charge