Droid Charge Review

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by burningmay, Jun 14, 2011.

1. burningmay

burningmay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I have had the droid charge for one week now. Prior to that I had the TB for a few weeks, and before that was a BB for about 2 years. I dumped the TB for the obvious reasons: Poor battery and weight.

The Charge: I think I will keep it. The battery is definitely better than the TB but it aint no BB. I noticed that the battery lasts much longer on wifi than on the data network. My first day with the phone, I was at home all day on the wifi. I had fully charged it overnight. I was on the phone literally all day, playing with it, downloading apps and customizing it. It lasted me through the day. The next day, I took it to work and was on the data network. I used it much less than the prior day but it was ready to give up on me before the end of the day. The thing at work is that it is a concrete building, and the signal is choppy, so the radio was constantly going from no signal, to 1EX to 3g. The other thing I have noticed is that I am getting 4G at home even though I am way outside the 4G network ( halfway between SFO and Sac). I downloaded the LTE onOff app and set it to CMDA Auto PRL. That obviously does not work.

How do I turn 4G off.

The other bummer is that there is no interface with my PC. The TB had HTC sync with which I could backup contacts/calendar on outlook, pictures, videos and music, sync playlists etc. Even the BB had an interface. In fact all my phones in the past including the Tmobile dash had some interface, not this one. I wonder why.

Overall, I am going to keep this one.

2. diverbelow

diverbelow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To turn off 4G, go to menu ->settings ->wireless & network ->mobile networks ->system selection and select CDMA mode

3. burningmay

burningmay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will i still have 3g.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

4. burningmay

burningmay New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did that. After selecting cdma there was another choice: home/automatic.

5. CoOkMaYnE

CoOkMaYnE New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Click automatic. To turn back to 4g do the same process and click lte

6. CoOkMaYnE

CoOkMaYnE New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    automatic cdma is 3g, lte automatic is 4g

7. biggles

biggles Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I got the Charge the weekend that it came out and have been happy with it. Yes, it is expensive, but it is probably the best phone on Verizon, especially if you are in a 4g coverage area. Battery life is comparable to my old Droid 1 now that the battery is broken in (for the first couple of weeks the Droid Charge battery was not as good, but apparently the batteries for phones need a break in period to give full performance). Highly recommended.

Search tags for this page

motorola charge review

motorola droid charge review